Heart Rhythm Community
Skipped heart beats

A community of people experiencing Heart Rhythm concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: symptoms, management, and treatment.

Skipped heart beats

I have been having skipped heart beats for awhile now. I can feel it in my throat and my pulse.  I finally went to the doctor today, and he is ordering a holter moniter.  These skipped heart beats are driving me crazy.  He put me on xanax twice a day to see if it will calm me down  I am having a lot of anxiety lately too.  I just want these things to go away. I am getting afraid to go anywhere alone.. I used to take Celexa 40 mg. twice a day for almost 8 years. I weaned off it because I gained so much weight.   I had blood work done and my potassium was low I thought the skipped heart beats were coming from the low potassium. ,.Am now taking Klor-Con for it. My last blood test had my potassium at 3.5 which is the low normal. Doc said today that it should not be making my heart beat irregular.

I have read a lot about the skipped beats, but when it is happening to you it seems like it is so much worse. Did anyone here  Celexa and go off of it? I am a 65 year old female.

Any help to calm my fears would be appreciated.
You didn't mention any other rhythm problems.   I believe a few skipped beats is common and usually not dangerous.  

It may take some time for the corrected potassium level to have an effect.

You say the skipped beats are "driving you crazy"... are they painful or is it just the feeling is troubling because it draws your conscious attention to your heart.  

Do you have any other irregularities, such as fast heart rate of high blood pressure?

Sorry, no help on the Celexa, but as my post will move your post to the top of the list, you;ll get another pass on page one, hope someone with specific help will post.