Sleep aid for chronic PVCs, anyone?
As a fellow PVC sufferer, I've been having many nights when I get a string of them right at bedtime. These can cause me to be awake until the middle of the night. It's an awful feeling when you're exhausted but cannot fall asleep because your hearts skips a beat every other minute.  

Has anyone found a safe, natural way of getting to sleep during an episode? I have been using prescription sleeping pills and Xanax, but I really hate to rely on drugs to help me fall alseep.

Is melatonin safe for PVC sufferers? I read something that it can cause rapid heartbeats, and that's the last thing I need.

BTW. I bought and tried Natural Calm mg, but it appears to make me lightheaded and dizzy so I had to back off.  

Thanks for your responses.  
Lots of people have good results with tart cherry juice but it takes a month or two to work. I am against herbs, drugs, etc..., but have tried this, not much luck for me, but I was not faithful in using it either (tasted tart, like cranberries).
ps, my natural doc said melatonin is not as safe as everyone says. I found this info-its not a medical site though

http://www.ehow.com/facts_5017675_longterm-effects-taking-melatonin.html
While not specifically for PVC, I have used melatonin and some concoctions like "Nightsrest" and none have improved my sleep.  I don't think they made it worse either, seems to be about the same.  I have also use PM pain killers, Tylenol/Similar.  No benefit here either.  I may have tried both at the same time.

I do not think my heart symptoms (AFib) keep me awake, but I do have trouble with dreams.  
Jerry, you have to be careful with the meds. I dont know if it affects the afib or not but I read tylonal pm CAN, cause a fast, pounding, or uneven heartbeat.
Having rythm issues, I always research the side effects on the heart. Remember there is the short list of side effects, and the long list.