Sleep apnea and PVCs
I was just curious if anyone has dealt with heart irregularities that may have been connected to their having sleep apnea?  There seems to be some indication in sleep research that apnea could generate heart problems, but I've never actually run into someone that did have such issues.  
When I was first diagnoised with a-fib one of the first things my EP did was send me for a sleep study. I was surprised when I was told I did have sleep apnea. My EP told me sleep apnea does not cause a-fib, but it can make it worse. I do use a CPAP machine.
When I went into the doctors because of PVC's, My doctor very quickly asked me about my sleeping habits.  PVCs due to sleep apnea was one of the suspects.  I did a sleep study (during which I barely slept) and had 11 sleep incidents in a little over an hour.  I am getting a CPAP fitted in a couple weeks.

I would love to know if this is going to help.  I read on this board that some people say it does help with PVCs.
I would like to know also, I'm going for a sleep study in Aug.  Thats one of the things my cardiologist asked me also.
I was diagnosed with PVCs at age 28 I am 29 now and am overweight with sleep apnea high blood pressure and asthma I am taking metoprolol tart twice a day 25mg I have been unsuccessful in using my cpap I rip it off at night and not even realize it..my symptoms are getting worse I think I get dizzy very shaky and almost like I'm going to pass out at times can anyone relate or help with advice thanks in advance okc
I too have just been diagnosis with afib and I have  sleep study schedule also endoscopy, starting getting heartburn.  Last night I was on this sight and someone mentioned magnesium for PVCs, I took it last night no more PVCs.
I want to thank all in the community last night, I get so scare when the PVCs come.
I have afib for which I will be having an ablation in 10 days. My sleep apnea was undiagnosed for several years and resulted in the afib.  I use a nasal aire II, which is kind of like a oxygen cannula, only fits snug into your nostrils.  It is much more comfortable than a mask, which I could not tolerate.  There are other similar devices that you may be able to tolerate better.  Also, make sure you have a humidifier on your cpap machine, as that can make a huge difference in not drying out your throat and nose.  I know a lot of people have a hard time adjusting to the cpap, but it is worth it to stick with it.  It will make a difference in your arrythmia. Good luck.
Try supplementing Magnesium.  I take 300-400 mg,day,  When I started taking it, I asked my PCP if it was okay and he said the only thing is it might cause diarrhea if you take too much and then you would know to cut back a title.  I started taking Magnesium for my PVC's 3 years ago after researching on my own.  Prior to that, my heart would skip every 4-7 beats.  I have had PVC's over 30 years.   I was exhausted and frustrated with the constant interruption in my heartbeat and being aware of it all the time.  They would wake me up or keep me awake at night.  I was afraid my symptoms were going to kill me.  Over the years, I was assured by multiple specialists that I had PVC's.  I was never told to try magnesium to see if it helped; never given any solution or option to try anything.  Google it.  Magnesium is necessary for your heart.