Sleep problems
Since some of us here have sleep problems, I'm posting here as asked by Dr. Steven park - Please distribute my post as widely as you can. This is an important topic that needs much more attention, especially if you have a sleep-breathing disorder.

http://www.medhelp.org/user_journals/show/45001/Attention-All-Mouth-Breathers-5-Important-Reasons-to-Breathe-Through-Your-Nose

Undiagnosed and untreated sleep apnea can lead to chronic fatigue, depression, anxiety, weight gain, high blood pressure, heart disease, heart attack and stroke.
Thanks Lisa, I took a look.  I didn't read the complete thread but what I have read has "opened" my eyes that I may need to do something to open my nasal passages and closing my mouth.  I may try the breath right strips or nose cones, as well as some of the other practices... maybe even go see an nose and throat specialist.   Why not, I'm now dependent on almost all other medical specialists ;(

I wonder if the mouth breathing problem is contributing to my trouble dream problems.

This post will also keep this information on page one for a little longer.
I rinse my nose twice a day with salt water. I have what is called over here a "sarvikuono" nose watering can.
I fill it with water and add some fine crushed mineral salt, about 1 teaspoon. I pour it into one nostril and the water comes out the other side, flushing out the impurities. Then I repeat the process with the other nostril. To make sure my nose membranes don't dry up I thn use a oil menthol spray which I spray into my nose 3 times a day.

Here is a picture of it and the process
http://personal.fimnet.fi/laaketiede/sarvikuono/kohje.html

Since using this I can breath better through my nose, this was recommended by my Ear, Nose and Throat doctor that I see monthly.
Jerry I think when I found Dr Park was when my sleep began to be alittle better - I attended his seminar then a chat on breathing.  I did find my sleep apnea episodes got farther apart for me because of it.  I tried the strips, didn't work pm me your address I'll send you the rest of the box =)  Dr Park has alot of info in his blogs and website about nasal passages airways etc and sleep problems - I think this is why I have a problem with the CPAP machine.

Janpes; he does suggest something very similar to what you're doing in another post, I'll see if I can find it, or at least about using a saline spray.  I'm going to see what it is you do and ask the dr about both; I think I read something about saline sprays but I can't remember.

The thing that's most memorable in his post and others is this -

"One of the most important reasons to breathe through your nose is because of a gas called nitric oxide that's made by your nose and sinus mucous membranes. This gas is produced in small amounts, but when inhaled into the lungs, significantly enhances your lung's capacity to absorb oxygen."

"Nitric oxide is lethal to bacteria and viruses and is also known to increase oxygen absorption in your lungs from 10-25 percent. This is why it's important to inhale through your nose, especially when you are exercising."

That's alot of increased oxygen some of us need =)