Slow Heart Rate, Enlarged Heart
My dad was recently told that one half of his heart is enlarged. He has no history of high blood pressure and his cholestoral is normal. He had a heart catheter today and was told that there is no blockage present and that everything looks good. He also has asthma and his heart rate is usually around 48 bpm. What eould cause an enlargement of only one side of the heart when there doesn't seem to be any underlying problem? He says that he often feels like someone is "standing on his chest" but it seems to me that that feeling could be being caused by the asthma. Any ideas? He is only 45.
Did the doctor provide any additional information as to why your Dad's heart might be enlarged?  Does he have shortness of breath, dizzy spells, arrythmias, etc?  Is he able to exercise (per the doctor)?  

Is your Dad taking any medications for his heart?

Here is a link to Mayo Clinic which provides information on the potential causes of an enlarged heart:

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/enlarged-heart/HQ00623