Slow and irregular heartbeat
Not long ago my husband (32 years old) was feeling ill and weak.  This is not unusual, unfortunately, but what was unusual was that he came out to the kitchen, sat down for a while and suddenly felt like he was going to pass out.  I helped him to the couch, he laid down and became very pale.  I checked his pulse and it was slow and extremely erratic with 1 pause lasting a full 3 seconds and several other shorter pauses.  His blood pressure was only 88/58 and pulse only 42 bpm (normal for him is 130s/80s with pulse 70-80 bpm).  However, by the time we got to the hospital about a half hour later both his pulse and blood pressure had normalized.  The hospital staff ran an EKG which was normal and refused to provide any other testing or even a cardiology consultation or cardiology referral.  My father in law also has a heart arrhythmia, but he does not know what kind.  Every time since then that my husband has felt ill and weak I have noted the same irregular/erratic rhythm of his pulse, though not quite as severe as it was during the aforementioned episode.  We do not have any insurance currently and don't want to waste $250 setting up a cardiac consultation if they're just going to tell us the same thing the hospital did.  Does anyone know what kind of arrhythmia this might be?  It is very intermittent and usually lasts less than a day, so how risky is it to leave that untreated?  
So sorry to hear you guys are having a hard time. Honestly your husband needs to have a monitor of some sort. If this happens daily--a 24 hour holter is fine, but if its sporadic, you will need a 30 day event. The only way the doctors can know if this is serious or not is to catch it on a recorder while its happening. He may have harmless pvcs, but the fact he is getting light headed and near fainting--this is not ok. Ask your regular doctor if he would be willing to set up this testing, (mine did for me) if not, then I am afraid he really should be seen by the cardiologist. Its too much of a risk to just do nothing when someone is effedcted as he is. Please let us know what you do and the results of the tests. :)
Your husband should see his PCP or a cardiologist and they should put on a holter or 30-day event monitor as bbxx said. I know it will be hard with no insurance, but I would not wait.
do you have a cleveland clinic near you? If so, they have a financial assistance program based on income that they help people who don't have insurance (may also be w/insurance but I'm not aware of that part) you can call the location near you and at least ask.

The other major clinics like Mayo, Vanderbilt etc may have plans like that also - it's worth calling to see.

Just a word of caution; before seeing a cardiologist or any other doctor - he should check into health insurance unless he has other medical things wrong.  (he needs to have a full cardiac workup to see what's going on)

Once he is diagnosed with arrhythmia's or heart problems, individual insurers will not cover him; or if they do they will put a rider on your policy or up your rates like they did with me - mine went up 33% in premiums; even though I had never had anything wrong other than some female problems.

If he has pre-exisiting conditions there are new health plans for those of us with Pre-Existing Health problems http://www.pciplan.com/