Slow heart beat after ablation
Hello, this may be long and i am sorry for that.But i really need help as i will not have insusance for another 2 months..... I am a 23 year old male that was diagnosed with svt at 21. was misdiagnosed for years. They thought it was panic attacks and i could never get it on a ekg for them. but i would natualy use the vegal( spelling ) manuever and get it back to beating right. like it would go beat,beat,beat,beat,,beat.......BEAT. I would fell it in my throat and get a little dizzy. The last one would beat hard then back to normal. One day i got it on there. 7 years later. I ended up getting an EP study with ablation and the dr said thet he believes that it is gone.they did the sonogram ( spelling?) and said all my chambers look right and healthy. My heart does not look enlarged etc.looks good. but Small chance it would come back. ( the SVT)I have not gone back into SVT ( truly a blessing)  Now for the last couple years it has started doing something new. It slows way down. like to 40 bpm. skipped beat all in there.Now when it starts beating all over the place it  will get as high as 84. Lately it has been doing that ALL day.Beat kinda regular then slow WAY down. Like hard thuds. beat normal ( but still skipping) I feel it in my throat as i did when i had SVT. it affects my breathing really bad ( not hard to breath) just affects it. A little dizzy sometimes and downright fatigued when it is beating slow.( as i was when it was fast) I feel better when it gets a rythem to it. Like i will be fine then it just starts doing it and i usually just stay still till they pass.  Now i know i need proper evaluation in a cardioligists office. But i would be very grateful if you could answer these questions...1) What to you believe to be the problem. Or maybe a small list of what it can be.2) when it beats like that is it ok to exert myself (run with it is beating like that)? 3) Could it possibly be PCS's all day? can that happen? What can i do to prevent it or make the "spells" not as long? 4) does it sound deadly?..........Other info. i have never passed out. even with the svt. i smoke. trying to quit. i am really stressed. and believe me this does not help.Drink caffine. Again i am very sorry for the length but. I could really use some help.. any info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you- Austin
also. The slow beats are very hard thuds. like the ones when the SVT stopped. thank you
Hi Austin....i don't know 40 beats per minutes seems super slow to me but.....super athletes like Lance Armstrong has a resting rate in the upper 30's and he's here still riding bikes everywhere.  It obviously sounds like bradycardia but...you have to make sure that you are taking your pulse manually and make sure you are doing it right....never with your index finger, more accurate at the side of the windpipe, using a second hand watch and counting each beat you feel thru your fingertips counting for 30 seconds and then doubling the number.  If you pulse rate is so slow caffeine is definately not going to hurt you i wouldn't think and working out or running will not effect anything because you're rate is so slow.  It doesn't really sound deadly to me and you may be getting light headed because your heart is so low or just plain anxiety over what is going on with you.  Generally stress will cause an increase in the heart rate as well as an irregular heartbeat for many of us.  Feeling the beat in your throat is pretty normal for all of us at one time or another if your heart rate is raising to 84 then lucky lucky you because that is a great rate to have.  I understand that you have no insurance for a couple of months but phone calls to your heart docs are usually free and they can call you back if they are busy and give you some great advice.  If he/she feels like you need more than that tell them your situation and maybe they can work something out with you for the two months you aren't covered and can maybe refer you to an agency that can fill in the gap for the 8 weeks but remember if you are here in America you cannot be denied medical attention at any hospital because you don;t have money or insurance.  I would relax a little bit personally and maybe do a search on google or the web for athletes w. low heart rates, etc. so you'll see you aren't alone.  Keep us posted Austin and be thankful your heart rate isn't in the 300's.........
Hey Austin i just did a quick search for you and you may want to google out "slow heart rate at e CureMe"  i think the majority of answers are there for you but make sure you call your heart doc tomorrow anyway because everyones body is different......good luck