Heart Rhythm Community
Slow heart beat?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to heart rhythm issues, arrhythmia, irregular heartbeat, implanted defibrillators, pacemakers, and tachycardia.

Slow heart beat?

I am a 28yr old male and lately I have been feeling what seems like my heart beating slow. If I lay in bed at night or if I dont breath enough it feels like my heart isnt beating fast enough. Ive been diagnosed with anxiety but with anxiety your heart usually beats fast and I have the opposite. When im working out at the gym it beats fast but when im relaxing between sets it feels like it just slows down abruptly. So is this an issue or can it be anxiety?  My doctor always brushes it off and says its anxiety and im a sensitive person.....Sounds like she is tired of hearing me....Hope someone can help, Thanks!
It can beat slow due to anxiety also.

What is your heart rate when it's slow?

I can't be of much help but I can say that I've been through similar in terms of lying in bed...three years ago I started having a variety of problems, inc weird heart behavior, and sometimes when in bed my heartbeat would get so slow that I'd get lightheaded. This was very scary at the time. I was frightened to sleep. However, it DID eventually go away and I am here today to type about it, so I wish the same for you.

Hopefully someone w/ more expertise will come along with more info for you.
Its hard to explain the feeling. My heart rate doesnt slow down for an extended period of time just for like 3-5 beats then if i breath fast it goes back to normal. Its so hard to explain unless you have experienced it. Ive had an EKG, echocardigram, stress test and 30 event monitor and the only thing that showed up was pvc's. I dont get it, im scared to go to the gym or play softball (2 things I love) and everyday all I do is worry about my heart.
Hi, what are the causes of a slow heart rate in a 10 year old?  Is this a serious condition?  Should all physical activities be stopped?