Sluggish Heart
My husband (48 yrs) had a heart cath. 2 months ago, no blockages.  The doctor said he had a sluggish heart, what does that mean?  He has no pain and feels fine, but continues to have high Trig.(upper 200's) he's taking Tricor and Crestor.  His wt. is 198 and he's 5'11".  Should we be concerned about the sluggish heart comment? The doctor described it as a soft heart beat.  We are confused!  Would like your input.  Thanks!
All we have are the strange undefined words your doctor gave you... I doubt you'll find much doing a search on "sluggish heart"... but I didn't try either.  Ask him what he means, and what "it" means.

Is his blood pressure normal, or low? Low might be called sluggish, but I've never heard that used.. or maybe a low ejection fraction (usually measured in my experience with an echo cardiogram).  Did this comments come immediately following the catheter exam?

Doesn't seem to be any concern expressed from your doctor..  the 200 hr does need to be controlled.

The height/weight doesn't sound to me to be way over weight, but a lot of fat around the chest area could muffle the sound of the HB.  

Hope you get more and helpful inputs.