Heart Rhythm Expert Forum
Squeezing / pressure in left chest
About This Forum:

Questions in the Heart Rhythm forum cover topics that include heart rhythm issues, arrhythmia, irregular heartbeat, implanted defibrillators, pacemakers, and tachycardia.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Squeezing / pressure in left chest

I'm a 44 y/o Male with Hypertension. I have a squeezing / pressure in my Left chest and 2 12 lead EKG's on Friday evening showed nothing and no abnormality in my CPK. They gave me nitro and want to do a stress test. Whouldn't just doing a Neuclear  cardiogram be a better idea?
Related Discussions
230125_tn?1193369457
That is often a clinical decision based on the case.  If you have a stone cold normal EKG, a stress test is ok.  If there EKG changes, a nuclear test is preferred.  I agree that regular exercise stress tests without imaging are rarely done anymore, but there are still some valid indications.
3 Comments
Blank
I'm an 27yrs old female. I been having left nd middle chest pain. Lots of pressure while picking up something. Shortness of breath,nausea and sweating sometimes. My chest pain comes and goes. I got a little worry since its almost a month with this chest pain. Today, I had a EKG done with results of sinus rhythm left axis deviation consistent with LAFB. The MD said it was nothing to worry about and decided to referral me to a cardio and get a chest xray. He really didn't explain of why my chest pain. Can you tell me what you think abou this?

Thx!
Blank
I am a 37 year old male, 80 kg, 170 cm, and I have been experiencing breathlessness, though only in heated rooms in winter. Sometimes, but not always, when I walk i fell a pain in my shins. Moreover, occassionally, but now more frequently, i suffer from erectile dysfunction.   Could these be indications of a serious problem?
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank