Standing up and heart races??
I have been getting a rapid heart rate and very hard beating you can see it sometimes through my shirt when I stand up. I get shaky with it also. I am losing it sometimes dealing with the rapid and very hard beats. I hate hearing it in my ears and feeling so strong. It sometimes will beat so hard and my pulse don't have to be up either. I stood up last night and it went from 79 to 150 in a second. I have calmed down a little but just tired of the feeling of it. I cannot wait to go back to dr. The potassium pils that the dr gave me for 3 days didn't change anything. Not sure what else to do. Xanax is helping some but not all the time and cannot take that much I sleep so bad with it. Dr waiting on results of echo and ECG yet from old dr. Anything else I can do? Eat, or exericse or something to stop the extremely hard beating? Thanks Carla
Are you hydrated enough?  What happens to your blood pressure when you stand?
I would drink gatorade to make sure you are hydrated.  
Yes just had blood work to see if everythign in line .....all but potassium was slightly low and one other one high a little.MCHC......I have drank juices and thinks and drink at least 64 oz water daily every day. carla
Did they check your thyroid when they did the blood work?
Yep, thyroid checked out great. I am just getting frustrated with all of this, so new to me and overwhelmed I guess. Not meaning to complain and I know it could be something worse but have really had some scary times with this in the past year. I want some help somewhere from a dr. I know my new dr is gonna help me finally. Just impatient and want something to slow these attacks down. Thanks again.
If you figure out the problem I would love to know what the diagnosis is, I've been experiencing the same thing as well
That used to happen to me.  I didn't even have to stand up.  Even if I would raise my arms above my head, my heart would speed up.  My doctor started me on atenolol and it fixed the problem completely.  I think he called it Inappropriate Sinus Tachycardia and told me it wasn't life threatening.  I only take 1/2 of the 25mg of atenolol.  Some days, it breaks through that and I just take another 1/4.  Anyway, it sounds exactly like what I had.  Google it and see if it fits your symptoms.