Status post cardiac ablation
My husband had the cardiac ablation on 3/24.  He is having a great deal of groin pain, and difficulty walking on his leg.  He also had foot edema. Is this a common side effect.  He is very lethargic. The good part is the atrial fibrillation is gone.
I had the same procedure done 3/03. I had a 6" x 1" bruise  at the catheter site but other than that nothing like you described. From everything I've read never heard of anyone speaking of having a lot of groin pain and difficulty walking afterwards. I don't think his experiences are normal and he should probably get it checked out by someone who would know for sure.
I had an ablation on Feb 11th, and besides the bruising by my groin, I didn't have any complications.  Everyone is different, but you probably should call the doctor just to be on the safe side.
I'm mostly concerned about the edema in the foot. I did have some trouble with my right leg after my first ablation, perhaps a bruised nerve. But edema should be checked out.
Was the ablation for atrial fibrillation?  That is what his ablation was for.  Not to see if the arteries were blocked.  I did make an appointment for tomorrow for him to be seen, but they really did not want to see him for a month.
I agree with the others.  I've had two ablations, had some discoloration and slight tenderness, but no pain or swelling.  I'm glad to hear you've touched base with the doctor's office.  Keep us posted.
It is good you are getting it checked out. Perhaps it is just swelling putting pressure on a nerve but the procedure was done over a week ago and should have started to improve by now. My bruise was even gone in 10 days.
Some pain and definite bruising at the catheter sites is to be expected.  I developed a hematoma on my left side but it wasn't really all that painful.  Would get the odd shooting pain but it was only about a 4 out of 10.   "A great deal of pain", "difficulty walking" and "edema" should be checked out ASAP, in my humble opinion.
He actually woke up this am and the edema is almost gone.  He is black and blue down the right leg to the knee.  I read the op report, and it states that they had a problem getting in the vein/artery as it was very narrow.  I am thinking that is the reason.  I have an appointment this pm so will keep you posted..
Thank goodness for all of you out there that have helped me with their answers.