Stents and Plavix
I just recently had a drug-eluting stent put in.  I am on blood pressure, plavix, aspirin and temporarily on prednisone.  My question is, when I am taken off plavix in one year, what are my chances of getting a clot because of this? Has anyone had any problems with their pulse racing inconsistently after having a stent put in or because they are on prednisone?
Warfarin/Coumadin, aspirin and plavix all work in different ways to reduce the formation of blood clots.  You didn't mention Warfarin, which is the strongest prevention, I believe.  From what you say, you have been told that after one year a simple aspirin therapy is all that's needed.  I don't know the clot risk associated with a stent (and drug-eluting is another unknown to me) but if your doctor prescribes aspirin as the clot prevention therapy I assume the stent isn't a high risk item, such as is an artificial valve, or atrial fibrillation.