Heart Rhythm Expert Forum
Still worried and have another question

Questions in the Heart Rhythm forum cover topics that include heart rhythm issues, arrhythmia, irregular heartbeat, implanted defibrillators, pacemakers, and tachycardia.

Still worried and have another question

Hello doctor, I posted a few days ago and I have an appt with my family doc on July 3rd but until  then I am still worried and I have one question that I forgot to ask last time.  When i has my episode of  heart flutter a few days ago, lasted about 6 seconds the most, I felt light headed and really hot.  When I felt my pulse I couldnt find it.  However when it kicked back in it was beating normally at a rate of around 85.  2 minutes later it was down to 72 and regular.  If I had been in v-tach would my pulse rate have been that low follwing the short episode of flutter I felt.  I mean  I am not even sure if I was in v-tach or just some other type of arrhythmia but I just need to know the answer to this question. Also I my docs nurse looked up my echocardiogram that I had 1 year ago exactly and she said it was totally normal.  Please tell me what you think your opinion is about the rate of my heart after the fluttering episode since it was lower and regular in rhythm.  Thank you.
First of all, you are going to drive yourself crazy thinking that you have a rare arrhythmia's when the odds are it was something much more common.  Besides if you have a normal heart, even VT is not that dangerous (normal heart VT).

If you have a short run of VT, your heart rate will go back to just about where it started but this is true for any arrhythmia.  SVT would behave exactly the same way.  The problem is that if it doesn't happen often, it is going to be hard to catch on a Holter monitor or event monitor.  The first thing to do is make sure you have a structurally normal heart.  If that is case, you have lots of time to safely figure out what the heart rhythm is.  It can take time for rare arrhythmia's.

I hope this helps.
1 Comment
A related discussion, Symptoms After SVT Heart Ablation Surgery was started.