Stopping Atenolol
I've taken Atenolol  for 5 years......started 25 mg one per day hypertention for three years and then 25 mg twice per day for 2.5 years. My cardio doctor wanted to take me off of the atenolol because my pulse is around 45....he had me  take 25 mg once per day for three weeks and then for 4 days take .5 of the 25 mg tablet once per day. I took my last dose yesterday. Does this sound correct? What effect will this have on my feeling if any? Is it ok to continue to work out cardio ?
You may not feel any different, other than maybe a little less sluggish.  Some people feel more tired while taking beta blockers.

Since you were taking the BB for hypertension, how is the doctor planning to treat the hypertension?  If this is the only problem you are having, I don't see why you could not work out, BUT I'd check with your doctor first.
I was on atenolol for 7 years and the doc has change my meds to hydrochlorothiazide. I fell good and have normal BP 125/72 but my heart rate is 90/m and doesn't slow down. Is this normal until I have more time off of the atenolol?
How has your heart rate been now that you have been off of atenolol.