Heart Rhythm Community
Strange Chest and Breathing Patterns

Join others experiencing Heart Rhythm issues. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: symptoms, management, and treatment.

Strange Chest and Breathing Patterns

Hi there, i am 30 yrs old and have generally had a healthy lifestyle.  Over the past month I have been experiencing some abnormal breathing patterns and was hoping someone could give me some advice.  At any point in the day my chest will become tighter and it will suddenly become harden for me to breathe for around 5 seconds and then go back to normal, hoping someone could shed some light as to what this could be or what could be cauing it?
This one is new to me.  The way you describe it, anyway.  It could be a simple matter of anxiety because sometimes this KIND of happens to me, but it is usually when I'm crunched up in bed.  Then I have to arch my back to breathe right for a bit.  I would definitely get checked by a doctor first.