Strong Famil history- risk?
I am 48 year old with two sons. My family has a strong cardiac history with my dad, and three of my siblings
died suddenly of cardiac attacks. My siblings died at the age of 53, 51, and 50. One had bypass surgery, sister had
an attack previously (at the age of 33) and my other brother died recently may be of heart attack. He had some
valve problem and under no followup treatment. All of them were diabetic. My mother died of natural causes and other brother  in an accident.

I am Type II diabetic for the last four years but it is under control with diet and medication. I had stress Echo tests as
recommended by my primary physician and they are normal so far. I am scheduled for Sestamibi stress test this week.
Of late, I have some chest tightess when I walk fast with pain in my upper left arm. I am active otherwise but this keeps me worrying.
What are the risks for corronary disease with my family history? Is there any side effects of Sestamibi test?

Thanks,

mce_2Sai
I am unfamiliar with the test you describe.  Given your family history and current symptoms, I would suggest a 64 slice CT scan.  It is noninvasive, quick, and can provide excellent images of your coronary arteries.