Strong pulsating vein in neck?
Hi everyone. I am 27 years old and for the past few days have had a strong pulse sensation in my neck. There is no pain just odd feeling of blood pumping hard!

I am going to my dr. tomorrow but I don't want them to brush them off because I'm young. I was born with situs inversus totalis but have never seen a doctor over it (no complications).

I have also had GBS and vasculitis within the last 6 years (both auto immune). I recently had blood work for a life insurance application and everything came back within normal levels.

Any ideas why all of the sudden I would have a consistent strong pulsating vein? I have googled this but nothing sounds similar to what I am experiencing.

Thanks...
Carotid artery, in the neck, comes to mind as a possible area of concern.

I don't know that blockage of this artery, which does happen, has the symptom you describe.  As a start you may want to look at the information on:
http://www.americanheart.org/presenter.jhtml?identifier=4497

The above is not a hyperlink, you will have to cut and paste, or type into your browser to get the information.

Best of luck,
Jerry