Heart Rhythm Community
Strong pulsating vein in neck?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to heart rhythm issues, arrhythmia, irregular heartbeat, implanted defibrillators, pacemakers, and tachycardia.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Strong pulsating vein in neck?

Hi everyone. I am 27 years old and for the past few days have had a strong pulse sensation in my neck. There is no pain just odd feeling of blood pumping hard!

I am going to my dr. tomorrow but I don't want them to brush them off because I'm young. I was born with situs inversus totalis but have never seen a doctor over it (no complications).

I have also had GBS and vasculitis within the last 6 years (both auto immune). I recently had blood work for a life insurance application and everything came back within normal levels.

Any ideas why all of the sudden I would have a consistent strong pulsating vein? I have googled this but nothing sounds similar to what I am experiencing.

Thanks...