Switching meds from Sotalol to Toprol- HELP!!
Hi, Everyone.  My EP switched me from Sotalol (160 mg daily) to Toprol XL (25 mg daily).  His instructions were to stop taking Sotalol (no weaning) and start taking Toprol.  It was a HUGE leap of faith for me as I have tried to not obsess about this.  Today was my first day.  I'm doing fine, but want to know if anyone else has made the same switch and faired well.  Thanks! :-)
I can't answer your question about Sotalol, but I can say I have extensive experience with Toprol XL.  Only input, 25 mg is a very light dose in my experience.  I'd expect you to have very few side effects (low blood pressure, dizzy) for such a low dose. What are you trying to treat, fast pulse?

Good luck,
My EP took me off sotalol-160mg and put me on toprol XL 25mg twice a day in August. The reason for my change in meds was that I had an ablation in January for a-fib and a-flutter and I haven't had any episodes. In February if I stay episode free I go down to 25mg of toprol a day. I do not feel any difference between the sotalol and the toprol.
Thank you both!  Jerry, I have AFib and SVT.  Thankfully, both have been very successfully treated with Sotalol.  And so, for that reason, my EP (like yours, Twinbee) has decided to cut me back to Toprol- which is good news.  He originally decided on 25 mg twice daily, but my blood pressure is a low normal anyway (100/60 or lower at times) and wanted to avoid it being lowered any further.  Thank you both very much for the responses!