Heart Rhythm Community
The Mediacation Tiazac

A community of people experiencing Heart Rhythm concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: symptoms, management, and treatment.

The Mediacation Tiazac

Now Im to try this new medicine Tiazac 120 mg i think extended release capsules to bring my heart rate down,The nurse said this med works more on the heartratre then bloosdpressure,,,i was on verapamil it lowed my pressure but not my heartrate....im scared to take this for fear it will drop everything to low any one out there have experience with this med please respond
Tiazac is the brand name of Diltiazem. 120 mg in extended release is a relitively low dose. I am currently taking 360mg along with  antiarrhythmic and my BP, which is usually in the lower to normal range, is currently pretty stable. Do they have any insight to what is causing your increased heart rate?