Heart Rhythm Community
Think I might have found something for tach&SVT

This patient support community is for discussions relating to heart rhythm issues, arrhythmia, irregular heartbeat, implanted defibrillators, pacemakers, and tachycardia.

It's called the dead man's pose...it's a yoga techinque i read about... and it's suppose to stop arrmythmias in their tracks...I'm approaching my lovely menstrual period and get so many pvcs and tachycardia...so I tried this technique when i was experiencing a bout of tachycardia - whereas, my heart was racing 120bpm...and seconds after doing it...my heart went back into normal rhythm...i read about this technique in a book on how to stop arrmthymias...i also have svt...but i haven't had svt yet to try it...but the study claimed that no one had any palpatations while doing this yoga exercise...so i thought if it would be something you would want to try when your heart gets all funky...and post back on if it worked or not...there is a link to a website that shows you how to do it...not sure if they will let me post it...but maybe in my profile i can....
http://hubpages.com/hub/15-Mintueyoga    
Thanks for sending this!  I'm going to try it next time I go into Afibs
I've been using this for years and it really does help. the deep relaxation can also be combined with visualisation such as a beautiful colured light which you can use to slowly move over your body feeling the heat until you are enveloped in a wonderful warm relaxed glow.
Great post.
Have you tried crystals with this -  as if you do this inside a circle of colourful crystals it can be ultra energising?
dave
Yoga is great for strength, flexibility and relaxation. I took a class at the local community college and noticed a big difference just during those 9 weeks. But. . .  I did find certain positions caused my heart to go tachy. Mostly the twisting type. That's OK, there are plenty of others to choose from.
i love these kind of posts  ie no meds involved i am going to take a look at this and if i can will defo give it a try and post back .
yoga is great the body ,mind and soul ,a great way to stay calm when these beats are having a party ..
we should have a calming day once a week to unwind and develop new ways to control these little pests

thanks for posting
have a nice christmas
Yes i'm really into trying things that doesn't involve medication and make things worse...
Dave...you are so much like me...i love that stuff...i'm really into visualization and would really love to get into crystal therapy...i'm considering taking a course in massage therapy combined with visualization...my erratic heart has taken control of my life for too long now..i have to take control back...and learn how to overcome this...through mind and body...i understand that certain position can make you tachy...cause even sometimes when i bend over i get skipped beats and tachy...
but to do this exercise...you need to lie on the ground...palms up and feet spread apart...and you have to close your eyes...and the most important thing is focussing on your breathing which they teached you the right way to breathe on the webside...and even out your breathing while laying on your back...try not to focus on your heart and the fear that it brings...do this 5 minutes a day...even when your heart is acting fine...so next time your heart goes out of rhythm you can get into this pose and already be a pro...
please post back if this worked for you!
Thanks!
I usually use the dead man's pose at the end of my yoga time or the child's pose which also feels good.
It's easy to kick off with crystals and a great start would be golden calcite as it has a good vibration for irregular heart beats. On my profile page I have a photo of a couple of mine and they don't cost much. I have worked on my own with crystals for years now and have had some incredible results. A bonus is that they are also very beautiful so look great apround the place.
it would be cool if a few people had a go as all you have to do is aquire a couple and then hold them amd see what happens. usually in the left hand they get hot quite quickly.
Some people I have started with crystals have had amazing reactions so why not have a go yourself.
I hold two crystals when I do the dead man's pose and it feels even better with them.
dave

dave
all

where do u buy the crystals ,and do u just hold them and chill ...this sounds very interesting ,i had a look and read about the dead mans pose ,i am going to give it a try ,even in good rhythm and see what results i will get .............to be continued
Hi Lagoya
just google crystals and you will find numerous online sites.
I think that someone with your open mins and quest for natural answers will find this a fascinating area.
I would advise buying a fantastic book which goes into very detailed instructions and also chemical anlysis, colours light etc
CRYSTAL POWER, CRYSTAL HEALING - MICHAEL GIENGER -
ISBN 0-7137-2677-6
i THINK i WILL START A POST ON THIS AS IT IS FUN AND WE ALL NEED A BIT OF THAT!
dave
ok dave the crystal hunt begins

yeah this is fun breaking the cycle releasing new ideas is a way forward ,or just fills the mind with different ideas towards svt anyway

post away send out the power
yeah i'm totally going to look into getting cystals...maybe for a Christmas present... :)
I'm also interested in the book....
Thanks Dave....what a great idea!  can't wait to try the yoga pose with the crystals!!!
Fantastic - so we've got two and hopefully more. A little story about crystals.
My mum was feeling really down and the doctors were worried about her circultion - she had real cold hands and feet. I read up on this and found thet rutilated quartz which looks like golden hair trapped inside ice could be good for this. So i got two beautiful smooth polished crystals which both fitted perfectly in the palm of my hand.
So I took them to my mum and she was very sceptical about trying them but i persuaded her to hold them and when she did a look of total surprise came over her face and she siad that she could feel this hot energy in her hands and then it was spreading up her arms. She was so surprised and since then she holsd these two crystals whrn she watches TV and still gets the warm energy feeling.
She went back to the doctors and he was surprised because her circulation had improved and now she has no problems at all.
I know that there are many reasons to explain what happenend but if you could have seen the look of surprise on her face whatever it was she could feel it.
So as we said take it as a bit of fun - somethimg to occupy the mind - but who knows - you might feel something yourselves as i certainly have and we all need something to take our minds away from fear.
Let's move this on together
dave
the link to the yoga doesn't work can you send a post it to me.