Throat Fullness/Pain caused by PVC/PAC'S??
My Skipped beats have been horrible the last 3 weeks. Pretty much lasting all day long. I have been having a lot of throat pain/fullness lately. Is this a side effect of the constant ectopics or could it be something else?  It feels like someone is pressing on my throat right below the adam's apple. I have gerd issues as well which also could be a contributing factor. I wish I could get out of this bad PVC/PAC cycle that I am in.
I get the same pressure in my throat when my heart goes a-fib. Very strange. I have seen other references to this odd symptom in other posts as well. Never seen it explained but it appears to be associated with ectopic beats or gerd.
I get that pressing feeling too, it can also feel a bit like my windpipe has narrowed at that point - feels horrible. I have ectopic beats and junctional rhythm. Have no idea why it happens though - but it's kinda reassuring to discover I'm not the only one who gets it!
I also have this discomfort/pain in my throat during periods of throwing PVC's.  My cardiologist said it's the blood coming up and being forced through the vein right in that spot.  She said that's why it is painful and feels almost like there's a lump in my throat.  I've pain very close attention and I don't have it unless I'm throwing PVC's, so I'm pretty confident that she's correct.
I've been having a terrible time with skipped beats lately, and I've experienced the exact same kind of pressure in my throat. I also feel a tightness in my forehead and around my eyes, which is weird. It gets worse when the PVCs/PACs come in rapid succession. Which is terrifying enough as it is, without worrying about extra symptoms. It's good to know I'm not the only one feeling these things. It's also good to have the opinion of a cardiologist: what your doctor said makes sense, lucyfox, and thank you for sharing!
What is a PVC
PVCs are pre-ventricular contractions, one of the most common ectopics, or skipped beats. Most everyone gets them but not everyone feels them. Most of us on this forum have problems with these. You can google it for more detailed information or read other posts on here, there is some great info by other posters!