Thump in the chest sensation
r9c
This afternoon while surfing on the net and all of a sudden i felt a sort of thup feeling and the heart felt like stop start feeling,beating fast then slow but hard and it was a scary feeling and also felt lightheaded too which i am sure maybe a result of adrenaline rushes due to the fear of those palpitatons and all lasted around 5 mins and went back to normal and was planing to head to A&E but my dizziness got lesser then.i was thinking maybe i shud visit the doc tommorow about this palpitatons and lightheaded but mu echo on 2009 was normal so as my 24 hour holter and stress test too so i shouldnt worry much rite :s
Come on, you know this :)

You've had a PAC or a PVC, the anxiety flared up and you got more PACs or PVCs.

See your doctor for reassurance if you like to, but I thought this was a common sensation for you (and all of us who suffer from this "disease").

I wouldn't be surprised if you were reading medical stuff while you experienced this ;)

Take care!
r9c
Yeah it could be anxiety but gosh it was awful feeling in the chest.never experienced it before like this.thanks anyway maybe its anxiety but i think i will see the gp if my lightheaded strikes again as this morning after walking for 5 mins and then i climb up the stairs and all of a sudden i just felt as if my vision is turning dark and felt so lightheaded and luckily it goes away once i sat down for a few mins,sounds anxiety related? But i wasnt anxious at all doing those things,lol
r9c - it could caused by anything from simple anxiety to ANS or heart issues for some reason - thousands of reasons come to mind, how hydrated were you, what you ate/drank previously, how's your bp normally, sodium, electrolyte levels, do you have an infection, was what you were reading at the time health related...etc etc

have you ever talked to your dr about dizziness or being lightheaded before? what other symptoms do you have? have you had a tilt table test if so? I know many others who have even slight ANS problems have been brushed under the rug as anxiety or stress then later on turn out to be something else.

research some on the autonomic nervous system, dysautonomia and autonomic dysfunction if you haven't it may be as simple as the a change in position and your bp was too low or too high; either way it's always best to check with your dr
r9c
Hey,yup i have talk to the GP about this lightheaded and palpitations,he just ordered a blood work and thyroid blood test which came out normal,so he refer me to the cardiology department where i had ekg,echo,24 hour holter which i saw some fast rate number up to 160s beats per min,i think it remains sinus rhythm so he said its normal.Done a tilt test last year where,after 30 mins of standing,felt very lightheaded and pulse jump from 90s to around 130s but it remain sinus rhythm so cardiologist brushed it as panic attack,even during that time,i was feeling like a black out sensation.

overall also very sick of hearing the word anxiety all the time,last visit to the hospital seen a neurologist,she performed some muscle strength test and said lightheaded was unlikely any neuro related so confident they dont think i need a ct scan or mri but however when she performed a standing bp test,my sitting down bp was around 117/75 when stood up it drop till 90/70 so she thinks i need to see my cardiologist back for the tilt test.however if i do see the cardiologist back,seeing that echo and ekg are fine,they will probably tell my heart structural is okay so dont worry about palpitations.Everytime i explained to the gp or cardiologist about those autonomic things,because my lightheaded felt alot worse when standing up for a long time or..doing some exercise,they would look at me as if i am some aliens from other planet,and as usual..they will say ekg and echo is fine,your good to go,maybe go for some counseling might help.From all this appointment i had with specialist,i realised that they arent really special after all..all human too i gues,haha..at times they rely too much on test,like ekg or blood work and if that dosent explained the patient symptoms,and guess wat..heres some anti anxiety pill,it will cure ur symptoms,lol
if you haven't check the dysautonomia section out for a dr near you or go to di net .org they have other dr's as well

the ANS emcompasses (that even a word? I can't think right now lol) alot of things - can be as simple as the vasovagal nerve and response or could be something as complex as others of us with ANS issues have - but if they aren't willing to check to find out but instead just dish out anxiety meds when they don't have the answer, then you may never find out.