To feel safer when traveling . . .
Just wanted to share.  This may seem simplistic, but I (like many others) have been reluctant to travel since I developed Afib, because who wants to have to look for a hospital on a trip, deal with doctors you don't know, etc.  I saw my EP today, got a good report (thank you Lord!) and asked him if he had any advice for my upcoming vacation -- we haven't traveled anywhere in 2 years.  He said to ask his nurse for his letter describing our session today and my history and take copy on the trip with me and present it if I had to seek treatment at a hospital.  I think it's an excellent idea -- it makes me feel much safer.  Armed with the letter and list of my meds, I will feel much safer traveling.  It may seem like a small thing, but for those of you who suffer from anxiety waiting for the next episode and enduring ER's and electrocardioversions, maybe it will help put your mind at ease.
I went on a holiday earlier this year to Ibiza for a week with friends and i had just been diagnosed with SVT. I was a little scared about going away with it, but then i thought i've had it since birth and been on lots of holidays. But i also photo copied a letter from my Dr with my medical details on it, so if i had any problems i could show the Drs that instead of trying to explain everything. I also made sure i had the right travel/medical insurance and also made sure that the friends i was going with knew about my problem.
If the Dr gives you an all clear to travel, don't let your anxiety about your problem stop you from enjoying yourself. Just remember to look after yourself when you are on holiday, like you would at home.
I don't have to take medication luckily, but my mum is a diabetic and has another nuro problem so i know that when she goes away on trips she always takes more medication then what she needs. So that's another good bit of advice for anyone taking meds.
Good point demps, about the extra meds.  Also about don't stay home because we are afraid.  I am visiting family, so that helps, but there is a 2-3 day road trip involved.  We should try to live our lives as best we can and not let these conditions take our lives away.