Heart Rhythm Community
Too much MAG

Join others experiencing Heart Rhythm issues. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: symptoms, management, and treatment.

Too much MAG

Ok, so I have been searching for answers and I am not a bit worried. I have not been well lately, I have been feeling like I am about to pass out since AUG 20th. I have had headaches and a host of other symptoms. I have been to the ER, regualr doc, ENT, brain doctor and no one knows why I am having this.

About 2 months ago I started taking Milk of Mag everyday about 2400MG because I read that MAG was good for palps and I take narcotics and most of the time am stopped up. Since I started having these issues I have been searching for answers and some of my problems suggest too much MAG which can be a problem and I am freaking out. I went to the ER and they laughed at me and refused to run a test. Its the holiday so I can not speak with my DOC. I am lightheaded all the time and I am getting very worried. Anyone please who may have some knowledge about this please help me/ does it sound like I am in trouble because of the MAG. I stopped it the night before last but I still feel the same/ What should I do? I had no idea of the dangers of taking to much and I feel like a fool.

Please help:)

I think this is why we all tell people not to self diagnose or medicate because issues arise.  Generally speaking mag should only take about 72 hours to get out of your system or at least the majority of it.  I doubt you are in trouble because of the mag...each hour as it goes on your system is ridding itself of it.  If the docs aren't worried i would try to relax the best you can..you may be getting lightheaded because of all of the anxiety you are going thru...it sounds to me like you are panic ing over this and need to tell yourself that in an hour or so this will all be gone....I tell everyone not to take a thing if you have heart issues like homepathic meds/supplements without clearing it with your doc because it may lessen the effect of meds you are on or may counter them...good luck and i would just relax knowing that as you are sitting here reading this that the mag is leaving your system
Thank you much for your answer:) I just have been going through one thing after another since May, its crazy. When I started to feel faint and with headaches and vision changes I started to search for answers and since I have done nothing diff then start the Mag I looked up side effects and a lot of them are what I have been having lately and I got nervous. Well it did help the amounts of PACS and PVCS I was having I am going to leave it alone:)