Heart Rhythm Community
Turning it Off

Join others experiencing Heart Rhythm issues. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: symptoms, management, and treatment.

Turning it Off

Just got fitted with a Lifewatch Arrhythmia Monitor.  I thought it would only record if I pushed the button.  But it recorded something on it's own and started beeping.

There are times I would not want the beeping like in church on Sunday.  

What do I do during those times?  Just not wear it?

Thanks.

This is a whole new world to me.
I don't know how to turn it off, there must be some user controls.  Do you have a telephone or web support you can contact and ask?

When I wore one (different "brand") a couple of years ago I had to go visit a client in his secure office building and I didn't want to have to try explain what all the stuff I was wearing was.  I got approval to not wear it for the better part of one day.  

As for church, I'd assume that is only a couple of hours.  I was told to take mine off when taking a bath.. that could take a hour for some people... I'd think it ok to not wear it, and lose the data for that time, of course.
I understand your situation and I have never had to wear one but maybe you can sit in the back of church in case it does go off for one reason or another. it can't be any more different to be honest then people whispering in church or having a child scream and cry.(this does happen and people are understanding of children crying)  this is for a health reason and personally if I was at your church and your machine went off beeping something. I would be happy that you are wearing it and that maybe something shows so you can get the treatment to correct what might be wrong. I guess I see it differently, that this is for your health and you need to find out what is going on and knowing luck, if you aren't wearing it to church, this is when you will have an episode that you are trying to catch.
you also don't need to explain to anyone what that noise is. I am sorry if I sound rude but your health here is what is the important thing. and I am sure God will understand and so will the person giving the sermon.
good luck to you and I hope you can get some answers to the issue at hand.
Michelle
I have been on a Lifewatch monitor lots of times. You can turn it off. When you recieved the monitor they included a booklet to explain everything. It will tell you how to turn it off. One time when I was on the monitor, when I was sleeping, the thing kept going off. I got soo tired of the beeps waking me up, that I just turned it off for the rest of the night.
If you have any questions about your device, you should call the company. One time when I wore the lifewatch device I had all kinds of trouble with it but I called them and always got my problems and questions answered. Don't hesitate to call any time day or night.