V Tach and Micro Vascular Angina
Hi all...I have had VT for 3 years now and Have just been diagnosed with MVA I don't know much about this apart from its to do with the tiny vessels in your heart, has anyone else got this?
Microvascular angina used to be named Cardiac Syndrome X. It manifests with chest pain during exercise, positive stress test, but normal angiography. Your main coronary arteries (RCA, LAD, CX) are normal, but some of the small branches are narrowed. The problem is that the narrow arteries are too small for stenting.

I can't say if your VT is related to MVA but if you do have VT provoked by lack of oxygenated blood in your heart, you should definitely get your condition treated. Such VT can in some cases be dangerous as far as I know (I'm not a doctor).

Follow your doctor's advice, and if you ever get severe symptoms from your arrhythmia (fainting, shortness of breath or severe chest pain), please see a doctor immediately.  I hope you will be OK!
Thank you is somethingwrong, I had a holtor monitor which caught the VT and I was in coronary care for a few days... I was getting all of the above you mention when i was diagnosed with VT, I am on the beta blockers for this..But I want to ask the question to my cardiologist that you have put in your answer, Did the VT cause the MVA? and is there any tests they can do to the small vessels to see if they are blocked or damaged!!  Thank you for replying.

jean x
No, your VT did not cause the MVA. But the MVA may (or may not) have caused the VT.

Ventricular tachycardia can happen because the heart doesn't get enough oxygen, which will irritate the heart muscle, making arrhythmias more likely to occur.

It's not completely clear to me how you got the diagnosis of MVA. I don't think MVA can be seen on angiography, but chest pain and EKG changes during a stress test is fairly diagnostic of the condition, in the absence of blocked large arteries. You may also have what is known as coronary vasospasms, if blood vessels are constricting without being blocked.

Treatment is, as far as I know, calcium channel blockers and/or beta blockers.
After I had VT in 2009 I was put on beta blocker bisoprolol which did ok for a while, I started off with 2.5 and I am on 10mg. my first exercise test lasted 6mins, I had on going problems with walking up the hills where I live, chest discomfort, short of breath ect...my cardiologist wanted me to do another exercise test which lasted 3 half mins and she told me the reading was different from my last one..she told me it is "micro vascular angina" and also said about it being abnormal cardiac pain sensitivity, It could be that the vessels are not blocked but damaged.

Thanks for your reply sorry I took a while getting back still getting used to the site.

jean x