VSD
Hai..
       Am mani.23 year old..i amm sufferd by VSD..Odctors are found the probleam when i was 3 year old..they told us its only small hole..when he grow up it will automatically close..but not till now..what are the steps i want to take? and also i red one article..teeth pain(problems) are also affects the heart..could you please explain all my dought throudh mail...
I read you to say that the "small hole" (I assume between two chambers) you were born with is still with you at age 23. If that is correct, I ask how do you know this condition still exists?    I can not give any advice myself on what the "steps" you need to take other than suggest you discuss with your doctor.

For future posts I also note I don't know what VSD stands for, and I haven't researched to find out.

I am not aware of any connection between teeth pain and the condition of the heart, I'll watch to see if others have knowledge.

Ventricular septal defect is one of the most common congenital (present from birth) heart defects. You mentioned that this was not diagnosed until the age of 3? To still have a defect 20 years later.... Were you not followed closely for this?

Was this confirmed by a heart murmur (the sound of the blood crossing the hole). The loudness of the murmur is related to the size of the defect and amount of blood crossing the defect. An echocardiogram would be used to make a definite diagnosis, this would reveal a large left ventricle

With congestive heart failure, medications such as digitalis (digoxin) and diuretics may be prescribed.

Regarding your question about teeth and the risk of serious complications... All patients with a VSD need to take antibiotics before undergoing dental work and certain other invasive procedures.

If symptoms continue despite medication, surgery to close the defect with a Gore-tex patch is needed. Some VSDs can be closed with a special device during a catheterization. Treating a VSD that does not have symptoms is controversial, and should be carefully discussed with your health care provider.

I hope that you find this helpful:)