Very irregular Atrial and Ventricular arrhythmias
Hello! I'm a female in my early 20's and I recently found out through a trip to the ER that I have an arrhythmia(s?). My visit to the ER was completely unrelated to my heart, originally because of stomach pains, but they did an EKG and saw irregularities with my heart rhythm. The doctor in the ER stressed that I urgently needed to follow up with a cardiologist. I had an EKG done when I was 11 or 12 where they did identify an arrhythmia but apparently it was a non-issue that was not life threatening. I met with my primary care doctor a week after my ER visit, she also did an EKG. My heartrate is currently 67 bpm (the ER EKG report says ventricular rate of 49 bpm) , which is on the slow side. The doctor found that I had an atrial AND ventricular arrhythmia. From what I have gathered, my ventricular chambers have a slow response and are not working in sync with my atrial chambers. I have found plenty of research on people who have one arrhythmia, but who else has maybe experienced both parts of their heart not working in conjunction with one another? Can two arrhythmias happen at the same time? Is this a sign of another health problem? I don't take any prescriptions, eat very healthy, do healthy activities like hiking and yoga, and am overall in great shape and psychical health.  I am so young and so afraid of having heart problems, I will take any info and advice here.
Aside from something like afib I have not heard of this issue talked about before on this site and my svt issue was isolated to my atria and was not a threat to me so I have no experience with anything life threatening but I know anything related to the heart can be scary.  did the doctors say specifically what type of arrhythmia you have?.  Arrhythmia is just a term that says the heart isn't beating normally.  Something is off.  But there are different kinds of arrhythmia some easier to treat than others.  Many people who have some sort of tachycardia issue can also have a secondary arrhythmia issue like premature beats.  very few arrhythmia issues are truly life threatening so before you worry too much it is important to get full details on exactly what is going on with your heart.   Find out what your doctors plan to do to correct or manage the issue. And let us know what they say.  Hang in there and try to stay centered.  You will get through this.  Take care.