Vicodin withdrawal and heart arrhythmias
I was taking 1-2 500mg. tablets of Vicodin daily for a couple of months. Took it as needed rather than on a schedule. Last week I was down to 1/2 -1 pill just as needed, probably every other day or two. One week ago, I began experiencing pretty severe palpitations, and they haven't quit since. I have been in the ER  thinking I might be having a cardiac event because I was sweating and having shortness of breath as well as some nausea and severe indigestion. I checked out just fine, and am wondering if the sudden withdrawal from vicodin might be the cause. There has been no reduction in symptoms since they began 7 days ago.
I read Vicodin is a narcotic pain reliever, nothing specifically to do with the heart.  However, as it is a narcotic a "couple of months" seems to me to make it possible for you to develop a dependence on the drug, other than pain related.

Have you discussed your symptoms with the doctor who prescribed the Vicodin? That would be a good first step I think to the possible making of an appointment to be examined by a cardiologist.
Hi Marye,  I know everyone's different wheen it comes to effects of pain meds.  I have an arrhythmia, a-fib, that comes in episodes of several hrs...a lot of things can trigger it.  I had a head-on car accident 3 yrs ago and what's strange the week or so I was in the hospital with all the stress and trauma and Vicodin....I never once had palpitations or full-blown a-fib once.

When I got out of the hospital I continued on the Vicodin like you for a couple of months as needed.  The I weaned myself off but cutting back from 2 a day to 1 to 1/2 and I didn't have any adverse effects.  It sounds like you weaned yourself gradually off it too. If you are still having those symptoms I think you need to go to your primary care Dr and get to the bottom of what is going on with you.  These symptoms are not to be taken lightly.  Good Luck.