Vitamin D and Palpitations
Wondered if anyone has been told they were vitamin D deficient, boosted their levels and had  a reduction in PVC, PAC's?
I just found out I am deficient and realized after thinking about it that my palpitations always worsen in the winter.  Wondered if this could possibly be due to low vitamin D.
Vitamin D deficiency from what i understand can be a problem if you are over 50 and suffer from high blood pressure.  It usually just puts you in a higher risk group that can stir up a whole lot of issues but at least its easily remedied thru taking high doses of D with the consent of your doctor.  He/she can put you on a maintenance program to boost your levels and i am sure that once that is accomplished you may see a reduction of episodes but that is entirely up the the perspective of your doctor to ensure you don't have anything else going on.....funny what our bodies go thru....not enough fluids....palpations.....too much caffeine.....same.....too little sleep....same.....not enough specific vitamins....same.....anxiety....same....i guess there are alot of markers that really are the same no matter where we live, who we are, how we live........hmmmmm
Cindy707 is so right about caffeine, not enough fluids, too little sleep, etc.! Another possibility about winter worsening your palpitations may have to do with your food choices. I suffer from seasonal affective disorder and if I don't get enough sunlight in the winter, I crave more carbohydrates. When I eat too many sweets and sugary stuff (which I love, unfortunately), my palpitations really get going. Could this be happening for you? (I try to focus on complex carbs like pinto or navy beans, whole wheat bread, brown and/or wild rice, Fiber One cereal, etc.)
I too have to stay away from carbs and sweet stuff...makes the palps terrible..
I agree with the carbs and Sweets.  I generally eat whole grains and avoid sugar.  I don't think that is my problem in the winter.  I was hoping that the solution might be as easy as Vitamin D, but probably not.
I think there's been some chatter that Vitamin helps prevent cardiovascular disease (CVD).  I can't find anything about vitamin and  arrhythmia.  

The link between vitamin D and CVD is very weak.  One of the reasons is that supplementation of Vitamin D has increased dramatically over the last decade or so, yet CVD mortality remains high.

Vitamin D plays a role in calcium uptake and we all know that calcium is key to electrical conduction in the heart muscle, so who knows, anything is possible.