Waking Up Suddenly
hey i was wondering if anyone has the same symptoms

When i fall asleep i wake up suddenly as if someone slammed a door, than i fall back asleep then the same thing.
When i wake up my hr is a lil elevated 95-105 but then goes back to normal sometimes there is a shortness of breath. im going for a sleep study to see if sleep apnea is the problem.
I've had that too, woke up feeling like I had been holding my breath, like a startle,  usually just as I drift off.  It comes and goes for me.  It's never stuck around long enough for me to get in for a sleep study, and my wife says she didn't notice snoring or gasping.  Rather odd, but I've never been able to get to the bottom of it.  
I get that too.  I wake up sometimes still feeling like I'm not breathing or wake up gasping and it is always as  I am drifting off to sleep.  ( I look at the clock and it always seems to be within the first 30 minutes after I lie down).  It comes and goes.  I can go months without it happening and then it can happen every night for a while.  
Same with me, have had this happen on and off for 16 years! (since i was early teen)... Never had a sleep study before either!! But i do find these episodes happen when i am stressed!!

Hope you get and answer, do come back and let us know how it went..

good luck x x