Waking up with body vibrations
I am wondering if anyone has ever felt the following:  Almost every night I fall asleep normally only to suddenly wake up 20-30 minutes later with these feeling of vibration throughout my whole body.  MY heart seems slightly irregular and has the feeling like it wants to start racing.  Sometimes it does, most times it just beats strongly.  The vibrating feeling throughout my body is disconcerting.  I put my hand out to see if I'm actually shaking.  I am slightly but nothing in comparison to what I feel internally.  It last up to 5 minutes, then eventually I fall asleep, only to wake again after 20-30 minutes.  This can happen up to 5-7 times a night.  Eventually I fall asleep and fall into the regular REM sleep.
Any thoughts?  Thank you all.  
PS.  I do not drink alcohol, smoke nor take caffeine.
hi im nicola  i av these vibrations in my body at nite wen im asleep they ,wake me up, for the last 18 mths iv ad every blood test ,body scans and brain scans and my neuro specialist is baffald . i av seen a sleep specialist also. i av been perscribed clanazapam for a test for 6mth and to r surprise it is actualy working ,even tho i havnt been diagnosed because doctors dont now wot i av got.
Saw an old post of yours regarding chest vibrations while sleeping that wake you up. Did you ever find out the cause?
I am going through the same thing. Chest vibrating. Some times it's every morning, then I will have a few nights of peace until it starts again.  It stops once I get up and start moving. They always wake me up after about 4-5 hours of sleep. When I wake up and just lay there it will continue until I get up. Also happens when I lay down for a nap and will wake me up.  Sometimes in 20 mins or 2 hours. I don't do caffeine, 55 yrs old, female just through menopause 4 years ago so I have no raging hormones. Cardiologist and GP have no answers. Had echo and a TEE done. Of course it wouldn't show because I was already up and moving.  Grr. They look at me like I am nuts.  I am seriously thinking of a way to sleep in a sitting up position. I was diagnosed with mitral valve prolapse with severely moderate regurgitation.   Worried that this vibration coming more often means I am at severe regurgitation and it's time for open heart for valve repair.
SO I am hoping there is another reason, benign of course, causing it.  
I had a lot of this 'vibrating' feeling when i was going through menopause. I also get it if I have a virus. I've never been able to describe it well, I've just called it 'an adrenalin rush sort of feeling'. I'm amazed to read how many people experience this. When I've spoken to Drs about it, always as part of a range of symptoms, they haven't ever given it any significance.

One of my women friends had experienced it during menopause also.

I don't like this feeling. I find it raher disconcerting, but It always pases and I only have it occasionally now so i don't worry about it once it has gone.
I think I'll be even less bothered now that i know that it is so common.
I too have these vibrations. I've shrugged them off until my husband told me the bed was vibrating and reached over and felt my legs vibrating. It's very subtle but it's there. It is helpful to hear from all of you about this, but my question is this: what specialist is recommended to look into this? A neurologist perhaps? I have fibromyalgia, and IBS. I'm on a very low dose anti-depressant for the fibro aches, I take a generic allergy pill each morning, and Vyvanse for my ADD. It may be a pharmaceutical condtion too so I will have to check all bases on this. I was just going to let it ride, but after I googled it and read all these "testamonials", there's got to be something to this, hopefully it's just benign.
Hi mport19 and all:  Has anyone here ever thought that maybe, just maybe they are leaving or coming back into their bodies?  Yeah, laugh and say I need to take med, but ladies, ladies...
I have had these body vibrations since I was a teen also, and am now 51.  They are less frequent, but still I wake up at night with my (mostly) upper body vibrating...sound is at a less frequency.  I have learned to check my heart rate and it is always normal.  It's on the inside...the vibrations.
We have a soul that is separate from our body...it's OBEs.  I'm just saying....
Almost every night I fall asleep normally only to suddenly wake up 20-30 minutes later with these feeling of vibration throughout my whole body.  MY heart seems slightly irregular and has the feeling like it wants to start racing.  Sometimes it does, most times it just beats strongly.  The vibrating feeling throughout my body is disconcerting.  I put my hand out to see if I'm actually shaking.  I am slightly but nothing in comparison to what I feel internally.  It last up to 5 minutes, then eventually I fall asleep, only to wake again after 20-30 minutes.  This can happen up to 5-7 times a night.  Eventually I fall asleep and fall into the regular REM sleep. 
Any thoughts?  I have been suffering this problem last two or three month
PS.  I do not drink alcohol, smoke nor take caffeine.
I know this is an old post but I'm just wondering if you ever found out what was causing your night time vibrations?  This is exactly what I started experiencing 3 months ago.  Exact same pattern for me too.
Hi, I have this too.  I recently Googled night tremors and found sleep myoclonus.  Have your Dr. Look into this.  Good luck!
i too have this. was put on beta blocker. hasn't helped. anyone know what this could be.
Hi, im not dismissing other peoples medical theorys, but for me the vibration is telepathic. I actually connect with another person. At first I thought i was just dreaming, but now i know its not that. The American government are now spending billions on develeping telepathy within its soldiers, based on vibration. I know not all vibration is this, but mine is.
You hit on a symptom that no one else has talked about.  The vibrating stops for a second or two and then commences again.  I became aware of the vibrating because of the short periods of two seconds when it stopped.  I am treating it like high blood pressure and will stop working so hard for crazy people too many hours on the computer.
Dear vibration co-sufferers,

I partially agree to what AngelGirl111 have mentioned on her post. However, I would like to point out another possible cause of vibration of the body or vibration from the bed occurring specially during the resting time at night. To discover this on your own, I highly recommend that you try to do some testing. First, invest on an effective EMF and/or RF meter and measure the magnetic field, electric field, radio/microwave frequency in the area where you most feel the vibration. You will be amazed of what you will find. I bought a Tri-Field {3-axis} meter on amazon.com, walked around my room with the meter ON and surely found the answer to my vibrational issues. Good luck to all!
I'm a 73 yo male who first experienced occasional, very short duration chest vibration events back in the late 90's.  Co-incidentally one of these events occurred during a night I spent in a sleep lab.  I asked the analyst if it had been detected and they found nothing.  Fast forward to last year when the events became more intense and more frequent, several times nightly. I would awaken from a weird and confusing dream, my heartrate somewhat elevated and a strong pulse, and something I have not seen mentioned in this thread, a completely dry mouth.  It would take about five minutes before I could begin to feel any moisture and during this time my vitals became normal.  I was happy to find this site, it helps remove some of the anxiety.
Hi I have this fast vibrating sensation in my hip area and throbbing in my feet. I was on anti-depressants and sleeping tab for a short while, Faverin, Cipralex, wonder if these are withdrawal symptoms. It really upsets me.  or could this be menopausal, i am 55 years. Jen
I'm currently 36 weeks pregnant with my second child, I'm 25 years old and have just recently started experiencing these internal body vibrations when I'm asleep. At first I thought it was the baby having hiccups or practicing breathing but after doing some research and speaking with my OBGYN I have come to realize that it's not the baby that is making me vibrate. I usually wake up after about 30-60 mins with my entire body vibrating. I have had my boyfriend put his hands on me while I feel these vibrations but apparently they are not detectable from others. I also have been recently having heart palpitations since about 28 weeks pregnant. I will be sitting on the couch watching tv and my heart begins to race dramatically as if I had just ran a marathon and I had to wear an EKG monitor for 48 hours. I haven't received those results back yet but now the vibrations are worrying me as well. They have been dismissed by my OBGYN as just the baby moving but I know what the babys movements feel like and it doesn't vibrate throughout my entire body. I've also woken up a few times within the last couple of months not breathing and believe that may be sign of sleep apnea. All of the comments on here have really helped open my eyes to some of the possible issues that could be causing these bizarre happenings. I will also post on here any conclusions that I find or my doctors find to hopefully give everyone else some insight into what may be causing all of this.
I too suffered from these vibrations, nightly, over about a 6 month period.  Numerous visits to ER, Cardiologist, general prac., Gastro, therapist, etc..... and every test in the book done - all with normal results.  I'm certain they all thought I was making it up!  During this time I was also suffering from severe anxiety (didn't know it at the time).  The vibrations were causing the anxiety, among other issues, and the anxiety was causing the vibrations... a vicious circle.  I found the book by Claire Weekes called Hope and Help for your Nerves and it was a life changer... literally!  I highly recommend it.  The mind and body are a powerful thing.  Our body reacts to every tiny little thought in a variety of ways... this book helped me put it all into perspective!
Thanks for the reference.  I just bought "HOPE AND HELP FOR YOUR NERVES."  Hope it helps.
what did you find out about the inter vibrations
I think my vibrations are from anxiety... I had this reall bad during menapause and now it is back... not eating carbs has helped and I am taking many vits so I will try the book.
Im new here. I suffered frm anxiety since I was 19. Im now 26. Last night was the first time I was awakin by my entire body vibrating. Im scared but am desperate to over come it all someone plz help....
I woke up. When downstairs and fixed myself breakfast. I had coffee, milk, and grilled cheese on wheat bread. Came back to my room afterwards and while lying down, felt what I thought was my cellphone vibrate at the end of my bed. Upon checking my phone noticed it had not vibrated. As I searched the web for answers, I ran into you guys. This is much too large of an occurrence for us to be passive. As I type this msg, my leg from the knee down continues to weird me out! @ 2hrs now!  All I have to say is to check and see what is in what you are eating!
Mazenav,  I agree with you. I suffer from these vibrations and I know that I sleep in a bed which is very highly geopathically stressed from magnetic fields. They move around and so I have to keep moving my bed to get away from them. I have a geopathetic stress neutraliser in my house and it helps a lot and now I don't get the vibrations quite so much. But when I do get them again like now I worry that I am sleeping in a highly geopathetically stressed place again. People who sleep in geopathetically stressed places are far more prone to cancer and to things like MS and so I do worry about it.
I too have been waking up with these strong vibrations, threw out my entire life!
Every blue moon it happens just as I'm just dozing off,
or waking from a deep sleep...
It seems to happen when I'm very relaxed or in deep meditation...

Was thinking that this is just one out of many ways we are connected to mother Earths vibrations, along with the rest of the Universe, and that we are all connected...

When you think about it...the same star dust and atoms that are now expanding the Universe, is within us all!
I feel your pain and have also been through all the tests with many doctors. I do have PVC's but they have lessened. It's important to check it out because PVC's Candy weaken your heart if you have too many. If you are having arythmia do not ignore it. So e are the dangerous kind. I have sleep apnea which I wonder if it is a contributiing factor, although the sleep doctor says not.
I've had these for years.  Usually I fall asleep for 20 minutes or so, then wake up feeling panicky and with a strange internal buzzing.  I've found that it's caused by stomach upset.  This could be something as simple as shifting my eat / sleep schedule, such as taking a nap in the middle of the day.  I've also had troubles with GERD and gastritis, and my sleep problems are entirely correlated with my stomach problems.  The best immediate cure is to mix 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda into water, warm it up, and drink it.  It's salty and makes me burp a lot, but a half hour later, I am able to sleep just fine.  Longer-term management has been to stick to the same sleep pattern, keep the stomach healthy, and take Prilosec.  And when all else fails, sometimes a Xanax will reduce the severity of the wake-up effect.
My vibrations started after my Levothyroxine dose was increased.  Ive also heard that people are very sensitive to the generic brand and that you shouldnt take generic if possible.  Im having my dose lowered and switching to non generic to see if the vibrations cease.  Also when im over medicated on Levo I dont sleep well.  I think theres a finer line than the doctors acknowledge.  Blood test may show normal but our bodies are more sensitive and may need to adjust dose anyway.  Just a thought.  Good luck.
I have the same problem since two years, its so scary. How do I learn to live with it? It disrupts my sleep, please let me know how you manage to cope with the vibrations. Thanks Jen
Dear JK,

I am 57 years and get terrible vibrations since 2012, did you find any solution to your problem and have the vibrations stopped now. Jen
My 38 year old (otherwise feeling great husband) has been experiencing exactly this for the past 6 months or so, bodily vibrations waking him in the middle of the night. No history of anxiety or ill health and the only medications he has ever used in the past is an antibiotic about 6 years ago and some very rare paracetamol.  Doctor has run various tests and he is clear.

Husband also describes it as a washing machine inside of his chest, pausing for a second and then restarting as if on a cycle. It is bothersome but as all tests are clear we're not going to worry. Just curious as to what this is.
I experience this every morning but I am an alcoholic.  Been drinking for years but the vibrating just started in the last few months. I wake up around 5 am vibrating and I can't handle it.  I don't know if it is the alcohol or something else but medical tests don't show anything.  

Even when I don't drink, I still get the vibrations.
I experience this every morning but I am an alcoholic.  Been drinking for years but the vibrating just started in the last few months. I wake up around 5 am vibrating and I can't handle it.
I been having these feelings ever since I can remember Im 47 .can remember as far back as 4or 5 years old . I thought every body felt it but i got narcolepsy and cataplexy .i take imipramine and its a lot better.the va has helped me a lot with it sleep apnea too
Holy smokes - I just had my first episode of A-fib a week ago. I'm on two new drugs and I am getting little to no sleep, because every time I am just about to drift off, I am awakened and feel like I am vibrating!!! I thought I was alone. I guess not, judging by all the comments on here. I wish I could just be "normal".
So has anyone been able to figure out what these vibrations are from?? I have SVT (sinus tach) but I get woken up by vibrations all through my body, hands feet stiff, abdomen swollen and bad heart palpitations like 5 times a night. I'm desperate. Been to almost every dr except for GI.
Google sleep myoclonus.  
These are energies in your body wanting to be explored..ignore them,dont think about them..there is a reason behind all these spiritually.just ignore them and try to be postive all time,be happy,dnt take stress,watch movies,watch happie songs and just believe that u will b okay n it will b over,although it may tke time
I've been hassled with these vibrations for many years. I wake up suddenly after few minutes of sleep with these vibrations throughout my body. Initially it fluctuated between my arms and legs, then it turned into an entire body thing. This can happen at least 4-5 times during sleep and I eventually fall asleep because of exhaustion. There are associated symptoms of palpitations and at times fast heart beat. Over the years I've learned to deal with it, but I've developed poor sleep quality and I dread going to bed which causes an anticipatory anxiety. I've gone through many extensive tests with negative findings. Just hearing the doctor say "there's nothing wrong with you" makes the condition worse. So I've linked it to anxiety and GERD. I don't know if the anxiety is causing the GERD or vice-versa. Either way, it *****. The use of Valerian root ( to reduce anxiety) and Zantac ( to reduce acid reflux) right before going to bed has been some help in managing it, but it has not completely eliminated it. So trust me when I say I share your pain.
That is exactly what I hoped it would be.  My thoughts are while sleep in that waking state you feel it more and it is a nice, warm vibrating frequency of the inner self.
I have had the vibs for years. Mine seem centered in my head, and while it's occurring my eyes feel warm. Mine started when I was 30, in the early 90s, and I took 1 single Floxin pill. The reaction I had the first night I took the pill was severe, I shot straight up out of bed about 20 minutes after falling asleep, my heart was beating fast and I was confused and disoriented. While it's never been as bad as that first night, every other night after that was the same: wake up 20 minutes after drifting off, heart racing, vibrations in head, eyes warm. This went on for years. They eventually went away about 10 years ago. I do occasionally feel them again, once I took an MSM supplement and felt the sulphur may have triggered it, and once I felt that green tea made it worse. I had a cup of Matcha tea 2 days in a row and got the vibs pretty significantly last night. Was hoping someone here had a definitive answer.
I have had the vibs for years. Mine seem centered in my head, and while it's occurring my eyes feel warm. Mine started when I was 30, in the early 90s, after I took 1 single Floxin pill. The reaction I had the first night I took the pill was severe, I shot straight up out of bed about 20 minutes after falling asleep, my heart was beating fast and I was confused and disoriented. While it's never been as bad as that first night, every other night after that was the same: wake up 20 minutes after drifting off, heart racing, vibrations in head, eyes warm. This went on for years. They eventually went away about 10 years ago. I do occasionally feel them again, once I took an MSM supplement and felt the sulphur may have triggered it, and once I felt that green tea made it worse. I had a cup of Matcha tea 2 days in a row and got the vibs pretty significantly last night. Was hoping someone here had a definitive answer.
I feel what you have experienced. I thought it was just my mind going crazy cause I was so tired at night, I'd just blow it off and go to sleep. One particular time I didn't though. I let it ride, while I mentally stayed awake to see what would happen. Basically felt my whole body shake to the point of dizziness! My heart started to race but I tried to remain calm.

This is the crazy part. Then I heard a loud electrical buzzing sound in my head that became louder and louder, like my head was going to explode. Then, it got pitch black, and super quiet that I could hear my own heart beat. Like all of my senses were heightened! Then, I saw and felt my soul, or spirit or what have you, lift out of my body. Then I floated above my body and saw myself sleeping! I was scared and felt compelled to hide in the closet. So, I then "flew" or drifted to the closet, and tried to out together what was happening. I became so frightened I ended up being what felt like sucked back into my body before waking up!

Its amazing to see this discuss has been continuing for going on 7 years.

I read a number of the posting and understand everyone's concern about their body vibrations. Word of warning, its very important through our experiences not to create stories about what is happening and further scare ourselves.  It easy to get concerned and fearful about the unknown.  

My history  is I've been having body vibs since college I'm currently 50+ years old.  First started having them when I started a meditative practice in my 20s and then started to re-experience them in my 50s after returning to my practice.

Please consider that western medical doctors have only one (of many) perspectives on health and healing.  It works very well in emergencies to remove pain or prolong life but it is reactive (vs proactive & preventative) in nature and focuses mainly on the physical body and its mechanics.  As we are slowly learning in the west, the human experience is an integration of body, emotions, mind and spirit (energy).   These aren't separate parts.  Each part effects the other.  (example): emotions effect thoughts, thoughts effect body, body effects emotions, etc.....

Add to the above, our western culture's propensity toward hyper-action.  We over schedule, over work, over caffeinated in order to achieve.  Subtly, we are taught & learn not to slow down or relax.  However, deep happiness and contentment comes from balance.  This is our natural state which we can maintain or not.  Imbalance takes a lot of energy to maintain....this happens even when we can't sense we are out of balance.  No wonder we become tired, fatigued and maybe even depressed as we continue to move faster and achieve.  

I'm setting the state here....this is an aspect of western culture we currently live in and who's speed is only increasing.  

I have a very different perspective on our body vibrations.  In fact, I have them most mornings when I awake.  I enjoy them and often allow myself to settle into them....it is a very peaceful restful time when my body is singing to me.  Very much like a cat when it happy purrs....the body does the same.  But as you can see from the number and duration of messages here, our culture doesn't support this view and our medicine (doctors) doesn't understand it.  Western doctors understand biology but fall short on subtler aspect of our experience: mind, emotions and spirit.  

These is a biological perspective to all this, we have a sympathetic and para-sympathetic nervous system.  These are meant to be balanced - activity & rest - doing & observing.  Sympathetic nervous system is activity based....stimulation....fight/flight reaction.  Para-sympathetic is resting....nurturing....digesting...pausing....sensing....feeling.  Our culture and many around the world thrives off stimulating the sympathetic system.  Always on....always alert....always active.  No wonder we are tired by the end of the day.  We don't do as much to support the para-sympathetic.

The body and mind want balance.....wants homeostasis.  A deep sleep, good sex, nice meal, contemplative meditation is all about activating the para-sympathetic nervous system.  I suspect some of the over the counter sleep aid people have mentioned on this blog do the same.

Our bodies want to return to balance.  This is what these vibration are about.  There is a redistribution happening in the body...thoughts, energy, emotions.  And when this happens your body purrs.  Don't be afraid of it.....relax into it and trust.  Part of truly re-balancing is allowing the para-sympathetic system to activate.....but this is very difficult if your thoughts are whirling and your mind is trying to take control of the situation because you don't understand what is happening.  Relax, enjoy and settle into the experience.....this take a level of trust and letting go.  (another trait our culture doesn't value)

We have some much more left to learn about our body and this human experience.   Th re-balancing of your energies is a normal and beautiful process.  Step into it and see what you can learn about the more subtle aspect of your human life....below external, tangible & the material.  This is where life becomes full and juicy.....it is also where true happiness and joy reside.  It is and inside -> out process  Trust your body and its messages....settle in and enjoy the ride...and be flexible to learn and change.
Thank you. Thank you,  thank you ever so. It makes sense to me. It explains everything. You are giving me so much peace. I will follow your advice. Thanks
I feel this vibration several months ago. If it is not life threatening then I am not worrying that much.  Thank you.
I've been meaning to look into this but hadn't until now.  I'm 72 old male in pretty good health.  I do know that if one over indulges and uses certain meds that it can bring this sensation on.  I mainly notice this in the early morning and check my pulse to see if there is any connection.  Everything is fine.  My BP is on the low side with minimal meds.  I have had a long standing problem with afib but after cardio-conversion over a year ago have had no further episodes. I do take three pills a day to ensure it doesn't return. I don't sleep as well as I should and having tried a Cpap machine didn't find that the answer either.  Very weird.
I have had this going on about a year now. Almost every night. Used to do speed (meth) everyday for 9 years but currently am 7 years clean and put that life behind me. don't know if my past use of drugs has anything to do with it but seems highly unlikely being that it was so long ago. I do smoke cigarettes a pack a day and also have stomach problems as well. If anybody found out any further information on this please let me know! Waiting for the person who started this thread to hopefully update us. Does anybody who wakes up with these vibrations also feel out of touch and or like you're going to die? It's like a different feeling than anxiety though. The feeling is extremely intense and scary
I'm a 58 year old female. Healthy except I was just told that my TSH levels are low. Overactive thyroid can cause that and pituitary can cause thyroid to be overactive. I'll be seeing the doctor next week for more info on that issue. I've only woke up vibrating a few times. It's happened in the last month or so. I was not nervous or worried about it.  All over the Internet and YouTube people are talking about the Ascension of everything on this planet. We're currently mostly 3D creatures. However some have already ascended to the fourth and fifth dimensions. Our vibrations must rise in order to ascend. Tibetan Monks are existing in The Fifth Dimension or higher during their meditation time. Psychics and mediums are accessing the higher dimensions. The higher dimensions are a spiritual place, not physical like the 3D realms. I wonder that we are preparing for the Ascension. Google it or YouTube it.
OK I will note one thing here (for my version of body vibrations that wake me up).  When I'm going to sleep if my head starts shaking I can do the following:
breath in (deep breath to the stomach area, i.e. via diaphragm) for maybe a "count of 2" (medium large breath, not huge per se), then breath out "through a straw" (pursing your lips) for a count of 5 or 6.
Mysteriously, the vibration seemed to pause after a couple of these style breaths.
Unfortunately I'm still researching this, but at least it's an interesting data point, anybody else?
I'll update here if I get any final prognoses :|
If this sensation is internal, and the is no body shaking, I would tell you it is not neurological issue, but should ask for medical opinion first. I say thats because the discoincidence of the consciousness bodies. Most scientists dont accept (most ever heard about it) but all of us can induce after practice. Its an amayzing experience, and can change the perception about our own lives. I am not crazy. I am biologist, Msc, and studying for my phD (not neurology, but in environmental matters) and never took these issues as truth, untill I decided go futher. I started studying it fews years ago and i can reproduce when I wish, and some times have experienced consciousness projections (I have no intention to make you believe it). The hands, chester and forhead pulse, right? it looks like electricity fluxes inside, sometimes spins over the skins, or lead us to feel like in catalepsis. Just dont rotulate this subject as mystic, because its natural. There is nothing to do with religion (or othe kind of mystification) or desease. Unfortunately, the is some bulls*t about it tagged as "astral", what makes people to desconsider it. I just sugest to read and practice (look for "Projectiology and Conscientiology", "E.V."). I believe in few decades, science will consider this approach. Whom read this answer, look for Waldo Viera books. Most of best sources of information is in portuguese, but can be found in english at http://www.iacworld.org/ . I just read all these people worried about it when was searching other things, and wanted to share. Hope you all the best!
Mein jha tak janta hoon. Or maine anuvav kiya hi ki jab mein raat mein sota hoon tab 10-20 minutes ke baad mera body vibrate karne lagta hai . Mujhe kuch bhi sunai nahi dene lagta hai mein kuch bhi fill nahi kar pata hoon . Phir 10-20 Minutes ke baad dhire dhire body vibrating krna band ho jata hai.pata nahi aisa kyu hota hai . Mujhe mahine mein 1 Se 2 Bar ho jata hi. Muhe bahut daar lag rha hai ki ye kis type ka bimari hai . Hey god mujhe phir se pehle jaisa bana dijiye.. Please god.
I find that using a soft foam neck brace while sleeping aids steady breathing through the night and reduces or eliminates the rumbling sensation. Also, no salty meals -- but using fruits, vegetables and baked/broiled protein with no salt added -- helps control blood pressure and reduces rumbling sensation. Elevating head while sleeping and using deep-breathing to go to sleep, along with relaxing tea at bedtime like chamomile, may further help eliminate rumbling.These interventions greatly help me to have a perfect nights sleep with no more 3am-5am "rumbling" wake ups. My guess is that alcohol, blood pressure spikes and breathing issues -- and acid reflux -- may be the "perfect storm" that cause disturbing rapid heart beats and the rumbling sensation. I truly hope this helps you.
If the sensation continues after adjusting for medical evaluation,including blood pressure, nutrition, weight,deep-breathing, including clean/fresh air environment and relaxation/stress management, consider psychotherapy or consult a psychologist.
I have felt internal vibrations upon waking that can last the entire day. I call it feeling buzzy inside, like a hive of bees humming inside me. This has been happening for years, since about 2010. I also feel extreme muscle tightness and feel aches all over my body. It's like I'm a 90 year old in a 47 year old body. I also have diagnosis of Fibromyalgia, PVC Arrythmia and Hashimotos, and have been exposed to high amounts of stress over a 30 year period. I just think of it as if my nervous system has gone haywire and though I wake feeling aches, muscle stiffness and fatigued (I have not slept well in over 15 years), I also wake up feeling like my body is an overcharged battery. At times I'll sit on the bed and can see my hair vibrating with the feeling in my body, so it must also cause me to physically vibrate as well. Sometimes it subsides in a few hours and other days it lasts most of the day. My arrhythmia is also a problem that might be contributing to the buzzy feeling, and the arrhythmia can cause dizziness, breathlessness and also fatigue. I have not as yet found a way to stop or quell these body vibrations. Again, I really think is due to a literally fried neuro-network from all the high amounts of stress I have endured. Though I try to live a calm, balanced low stress life, this vibrational symptom persists, and sometimes comes on during the day with zero provocation. I hope that helps someone relate, I just live with it, but wish it would stop because it makes me feel anxious and fatigued.
I have felt internal vibrations upon waking that can last the entire day. I call it feeling buzzy inside, like a hive of bees humming inside me. This has been happening for years, since about 2010. I also feel extreme muscle tightness and feel aches all over my body. It is like I am a 90 year old in a 47 year old body. I also have diagnosis of Fibromyalgia, PVC Arrythmia and Hashimotos, and have been exposed to high amounts of stress over a 30 year period. I just think of it as if my nervous system has gone haywire and though I wake feeling aches, muscle stiffness and fatigued (I have not slept well in over 15 years), I also wake up feeling like my body is an overcharged battery. At times I will sit on the bed and can see my hair vibrating with the feeling in my body, so it must also cause me to physically vibrate as well. Sometimes it subsides in a few hours and other days it lasts most of the day.
My arrhythmia is also a problem that might be contributing to the buzzy feeling, and the arrhythmia can cause dizziness, breathlessness and also fatigue. I have not as yet found a way to stop or quell these body vibrations. I do not drink much caffeine, nor alcohol because of my arrhythmia, so it is not stimulants causing the problem. I also had an MRI and EEG, and nothing showed up.
Again, I really think is due to a literally fried neuro-network from all the high amounts of stress I have endured in the past. Though I try to live a calm, balanced low stress life, this vibrational symptom persists, and sometimes comes on during the day with zero provocation. I hope that helps someone relate, I just live with it, but wish it would stop because it makes me feel anxious and fatigued.
I have been getting these internal vibrations for over a year and find it alarming. They started gradually after a period of bad stress and I now have then every night and on waking up in bed I can press my hand to my chest and actually feel it vibrating. It's not just in the chest but can be in any limb or part of the body particularly when I move around in bed if I wake up at night.I've also had it in the daytime once really badly in my feet so it felt like the ground was vibrating beneath me! I notice many people who post about this problem have cardiac arrhythmias and some have sleep apnoea. I feel that both these things are linked in with the vibrations as I have the same problems. I get palpitation regularly with a lot of PACs and have had several incidences of tachycardia and now aFib. At first I reported my vibrations to a neurologist but he passed them off as migraine aura. I don't think he was correct in his diagnosis. My vibration must be caused by muscles in the body if I can feel it with my hand, but why exactly it's happening and if it's symptom of something serious is what concerns me. I'm about to see a cardiologist so I'll mention it to him.
I woke up this morning after some heavy drinking last night, having that same buzzy feeling. It's definitely not a feeling I feel safe having and maybe the drinking isn't to blame. I distinctly remember having a moment last night where I cried and had a panic attack for nearly 45 minutes. So I'm not sure what's going on, I just want this buzzyness to end. The bees should just make their honey elsewhere.
The vibrations started after a colonoscopy. The 'prep' involved laxatives including an effervescent powder & pills. The effervescent taken first and pills later in the afternoon prior to the procedure. Fasting 24 hours prior with chicken broth & water consumption only. After the procedure, the vibrations started & very strong. Vibrations started in the legs & then migrated to the chest. It's been 1 1/2 years and still going on except only in the morning & just before getting up & in the chest and shoulders only. Stabilized and yet not getting better.

Acid reflux can cause heart palpitations due to acid rising in the esophagus causing the nerves around heart to be stimulated. Effects could be misinterpreted as anxiety.

Any additional effects linked to the acid?

Might be an idea to try various antacids except they do not appear to be very effective in my case.

Dietary change & eating alkaline foods only? This could alleviate the problem & yet not solve it; lying down can cause the acid to rise. Acid and acid vapors rising like this might not be good where respiration is considered ... could affect the brain also.
Wow I didn’t think so many had this problem.. last night I was terrified to fall back asleep and just felt an evil presence in my room after the whole ordeal. I was dreaming random dreams when all of a sudden it sounded like a freight freight was fast approaching and my body started to vibrate more intensely. While the vibrating was getting worse I heard like a screaming in my head that felt like it was going to explode then after like 10 secs it would stop and start over again 4 more times during this time I somehow managed to grip my husbands hand and was squeezing as hard as I could to wake him because I was too scared to even open my eyes or speak. Just felt like I was paralyzed from fear and when I finally was able to move my heart was pounding and didn’t want to fall back asleep. I woke up my husband to hold me because I was that terrified.. I hope I never feel that again.