Waking up with heart racing
i keep having this happen to me i have sleep apnea i use the machine but it still happens any ideas on what can cause this?
Hey chevy man.  I've seen you around here for a long time.  How about more details on the elevated pulse.  How fast is it? and When does it occur?

I too wear CPAP.  I've used it for the last 6 years now, and it no doubt has saved me from an early, painful demise as I had very severe obstructive sleep apnea.  Prior ro getting on it, I had been waking up with a pounding pulse in the middle of the night.  It wasn't SVT (which I had), but an elevated and pounding pulse.  The doctor put me on Metoprolol which has a side effect of slowing the hear rate.  It didn't work for these nocturnal episodes.  I was forced to switch doctors, and the new one ordered a standartd blood test to obtain a baseline.  It came back that I had polycythemia of blood over enriched with red blood cells.  He suspected an oxygen problem as the source for generating more blood cells.  After that, it didn't take to narrow it down.  Once on CPAP, my red cells returned to normal, and I felt great.

All of that was to ask you if it's possible that your mask or nasal pillow are not fitting correctly, or perhaps your pressure isn't set high enough?
oh kool glad it worked out for you i have cpap and still the same issue its getting bad too it happens several times a night i'm at the point where i cant sleep