Watchman Device
I have read about the use of Watchman Device to basically close off LAA to prevent clot.  Anyone has any experience with this new procedure?  Thanks.
For those of us just "reading along" can you define LAA and give just a little more on what a "Watchman Device" is?  The device part of the name strongly suggests something worn or implanted.
Hi, LAA is left atrial appendage.  Watchman Device is a device that is inserted into the heart to seal off the appendage where clots are likely formed during Af.
I had the watchman installed 16 months ago and feel that it is a life saver. I  had atrial fib, to which an AICD was installed. I was put on coumidan theropy tahrt caused bruising, weakness and blood loss. I was then informed of the watchman. The fact that I had lost 2/3 of my bld, due to one single internal bleed, made my mind up for me.

The result is no more coumadin, no more bleeding and a happier life.
I had Watchman procedure three years ago. I'm 79 years old and I am feeling good.  The procedure was done in Prairie Heart, St. John's, Springfield, IL.   7 years ago I had double-pass and a pace maker