Weird symptom in chest anyone else experienced this before??
Hi hope you guys are all well :)
Just a quick question if i may.
I have been experiencing a weird symptom that has been causing me a lot of anxiety recently and i wanted to ask how many of you guys may have experienced it too.

Have you ever had a wierd tickly/itchy feeling in your chest mostly in the upper back area. It's like i have to scratch my back but the itch is deep inside my body? It doesn't happen all the time just once in a while. Its happened before when i was younger too but it's been happening alot more recently.
could be early beats.  Which are usually of NO concern.  search for PVCs or PACs.
Hi sb786.

You discribed : 'tickley/itchy feeling in your chest mostly in the upper back area.  Its like I have to scratch my back but the itch is deep inside my body'

Yes.  I have experienced this same sensation several times; however, in my case, it was due to chest congestion such as a cold, bronchitis, pneumonia, allergy, etc.  After a complete and full recovery the tickley/itchy feeling would eventually deminish over a little time.

Could it be possible that this may be the cause for you, as well?  

It is always a good idea to check with your doctor to determine the cause of any symptom you are experiencing that you may be concerned about.

I hope this helps.  Have a blessed day.

Thank you so much for replying.
You know you might be right! I had a chest infection few weeks ago but it has gone now.  I also have mild asthma maybe it's due to that?? Not sure. I was worried and didn't know what was causing it.
If you don't mind me asking how often have you had it?
Hi again, sb786.  

On and off through out the years when I get any type of chest congestion (once or twice a year)  It usually happens just before I start feeling sick/congested and also again after I'm in the healing process of it; for instance, a week or two after the symptoms of the congestion seems to be gone.  

What you are going through sounds very similar to what I've gone through.  Sometimes it itches so bad, I scratch like all get out in that area, but to no avail : (  its just too deep to reach!  :  )  

But to be on the safe side, have it checked out by your doctor okay?  

Thanks Bon Bon!
Yes i think it's the same as what you describe! Like i said i had a chest infection and a week later i started getting that weird itchy feeling. I was speaking to my friend about it and she said she has had the same thing too also after a cold/flu etc. and she also has asthma too. She has no heart issues that she is aware of so thats good to know it's probably not heart related.