Aa
A
A
Close
612551 tn?1450025775
What is purple toes syndrome?
I just happen to read the "serious side effects of COUMADIN also include" with my latest refill of 5 mg Warfarin and see:  Purple toes syndrome..call you healthcare provider right away if you have pain in your toes and they look purple in color or dark in color.

As it turns out I had an unexplained bruise-like area on my left foot behind three toes.  I figured it may be due to some hit I had suffered, but one too light to notice, but perhaps my clotting was too low and I got a bruise.  I reduced my Warfarin for a couple of nights and then got my pro-time taken and found my clotting was in range, The bruising went away.

Given the warning on the medication guide I wonder if I had a serious problem and should have, or should yet, tell my doctor about the (now gone) bruise.  What could be so serious about a bruise that would require immediate medical evaluation?  I did not have any pain.

What is purple toes syndrome?
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
I don't know what it really is, but whenever I see my EP she always checks my feet and tells me to watch for "purple" toes.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Top Arrhythmias Answerers
Recent Activity
Heart Rhythm Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...
05/15 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank