Heart Rhythm Community
Wikipedia article RE: WPW

Join others experiencing Heart Rhythm issues. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: symptoms, management, and treatment.

Wikipedia article RE: WPW

I just came across and article that says "Adenosine and other AV node blockers should be avoided in atrial fibrillation and atrial flutter with WPW or history of it; this includes adenosine, diltiazem, verapamil, other calcium channel blockers and beta-blockers." And my son is on atenolol for WPW. Should I be concerned?
Hi ,

With out knowing the history of you son, I cant realy say if it's good or bad. I am on Toprol(beta blocker) for my Afib, after an ablation to treat my WPW.

Is your son being treated with the atenolol? Have you looked into the option of ablation? Has he had a EP study?
I take it your reference article is in Wikipedia.  From what I've seen there on heart subjects there is a lot of "good stuff", or so it appears.  I understand too that some (much?) of what's there is from voluntary contirbuitons.  

That said, I recommend you discuss with the prescribing doctor and let s/he know you've see such-and-such as a point-of-reference ... it may even be a good idea to print out the material and take it with you.