Will you be very tired and short of breath with pacemaker failure?
How do you know when your pacemaker is ready for a new battery? What are the signs?
Some of the most common symptoms are shortness of breath/wheezing, general weakness, lightheaded, feeling tired, fainting and these are only a few of the physical symptoms.  I think its hard to determine the shelf life so to speak of a pacemaker because alot depends of the usage of the unit and how frequently it does its job...sometimes it may not be the pacemaker itself but the leads going into it especially if the wearer has a habit of playing around with it or fiddling with it or if it has taken a blow or shock to it.  The bottom line at the end of the day is if you are asking this question you seriously need to consider making a call to the doc who implanted it and tell them what you are feeling if anything or if its just curiosity and you want to stay ahead of the game the answer would be the same...call the doc............
How long have you had your pacer?  How often do you have it interrogated? In every pacer interrogation, the battery life is given.  EOL of a pacer will kick it into a safe mode and consequently slow things down.  If you have a demanding physical life, most likely you will feel light headed,  But in the meantime, your pacer clinic should already be telling you that your pacer is in EOL (end of life) and talking to you about replacing the device. If this has not been happening, ask them what the remaining battery life is.  When the interrogation is completed, ask for a copy of the report.  It can give you all kinds of information.  I ask every time I have one.
ksig
ksig
Please advise: My husband had a pacemaker implant in Sept of 2007. and he is now experiencing some horrible issues now, with it. He seems as tho he is very short of breath and can't seem to walk any more than 6 ft without sitting down and being very short of breath. He is very tired all of the time and actually feels as tho he is paralysed. I am very concerned for his heart now, as I am wondering what to do next, please advise me
You are describing symptoms of cardiac insufficiency.  If you have not contacted your husband's doctor yet, you should do it on Monday--unless he feels even worse over the weekend, in which case you should go to the Emergency Room.