Heart Rhythm Community
Wolfe Parkinson White reoccurance

Join others experiencing Heart Rhythm issues. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: symptoms, management, and treatment.

Wolfe Parkinson White reoccurance

im a 25 year old female and just under 2 years ago i had a radio catheter ablation, it seemed to have worked but for the past few months i have been having episodes of high heart rate that i can feel pounding in my chest, im unable to stop this rythm by bearing down like i was taught to do, what is the reoccurance rate of wpw and do you think that by these symptoms it has returned, im afraid to see my electophysiologist for that im afraid he will tell me im over-reacting,

Hi, it still has a chance that may be another pathway(s) manifest.  As I know of mine, it grew another pathway in an overnight time frame.  

Ask your GP let you wear a holter monitor.  Show it to you EP if you catch one.  Sometime, that pounding sensations might be not related to wpw.  I have some vibration chest, my EP said it's A-Fib.  I had once complete heart block, it also felt like my heart was pounding.  Over-reacting that shows you're caring yourselves, to be safe rather than sorry.  If an accessory pathway manifest, he should very happy that you bring him a business again.  Take care.