a question for the ladies. Post Ablation and birth control?
Hello all

I had a ablation which was successful back in October and now i am thinking about what birth control to use, Obviously i will discuss this with the Dr, but i was wondering if certain birth controls should be avoided due to having had a heart procedure?
I've looked into the pill but i am worried about the risk of blood clots and was wondering if i would even be allowed it after having the ablation only a few months ago.
Any advice would be welcomed.
How long does your Dr have you on aspirin?  I think I was on it for about 3 months, which to me seems like that would be the length of time that they would be worried about the risk of clots post ablation.  I would ask your cardiologist about the clotting risk, but I would have a good discussion about which birth control med would be right for you.  Different ones carry different risks and there are some that don't have as high a risk for blood clots over others.  Also, if you smoke, this would increase the risk for clots as well.
If I had to guess, I would think that you would be fine taking birth control pills since your ablation was successful.  Were they worried about blood clots prior to your ablation?  

Like you, I'd definitely ask the doctor to be sure

Thanks ladies. I'm no longer on aspirin, only took it for 6 weeks. I've been discharged from my cardio Dr. Got the letter yesterday!
So i think i will just go and talk to my family Dr and see what she says.