ablation coming up
In the last 6 month I had 3 episodes of afib ,two of them lasted for more than one hour.two of them came after been on tykosin for 6 month.I suggested ablation and my doctor at Washington hospital center agreed.Took another doctor's opinion and told me to stick to the medicine.by the way I am 53yr old.I am scared if the ablation failed ,do my symptoms become worst?
You should read through some of the experiences on this board.  Some good, some bad.  If my afib went away spontaneously, I would be relunctant to have an ablation.  My last 2 episodes went on until I was electrocardioverted.  However, I have been out of Afib for 1-1/2 years on Norpace XR.  I was told by 2 doctors that there are some revolutionary new techniques being developed that will be available in the next year or two.  If I can, I'm waiting.  It's a very personal decision, depending on your condition, your outlook at medical intervention.  Good luck to you, keeping you in my thoughts.