ablation questions
I went to see my Cardiologist for my diagnosis after my Echo and wearing the monitor.  He said that I had SVT and that I was getting referred to a doctor in a big city to have the ablation done.  

My questions:

How long is the recovery time after the ablation?  I am a stay at home mom with 2 young kids (4 and almost 2).

Can you have a normal pregnancy after having the ablation done?  While pg with my kids my pregnancies were pretty hard on my heart and caused a ton of SVT episodes.  Unfortunately I just thought it was normal  :/

Thanks!!!

SVT ablations are usually done under moderate sedation ("la la land") using catheters.  The success rate is high and patients are able to go home the next day. They should consider themselves "cured" of the SVT, especially if the doctors were able to provoke SVT, identify the abnormal circuit and "cut" it.  You should be able to walk the next day but avoid heavy lifting for about a week due to the groin site of catheter access (a tiny hole in your artery and vein). You could resume all normal activity after about a week or so if everything goes well. The new doctors you are about to meet would/should discuss these question with you -- might be helpful if you write them down.  Good luck!
I went in for my ablation on Thursday.  I felt really tired worn out and short of breath for a day or so after.  My leg was a bit sore for a few days but I essentially bounced back physically really quickly though you aren't suppose to do any heavy lifting or running for 5 days so you may want to have someone with you to wrangle the kids if necessary.

As for the heart itself, it takes a good 3 months for it to start settling down.  You may feel all sorts of odd blips and blops so don't be alarmed.  It is normal.  But it can take an additional 3 or so more months for full recovery.  At 3 months I was starting to feel I could get back up to speed with any exercising I was doing prior to the ablation.  Now about 7 months out I had some ectopics after the ablation that are easing up.  If you want to read about my ablation you can click on my name and read my journal entry.  The procedure is really not that bad on the patient.  Though that is a bit subjective but I had 2 full on surgeries and the ablation was nothing compared to those but if you never had any sort of medical procedure it is intense to go through.  I was just terrified to do it but when it was all said and done I really thought to myself it was not a big deal at all.  

Well good luck and we are here if you have any more questions moving forward.  Take care and keep us posted.
I too went in on a Thursday, and was back to work the following Tuesday.  I walked with a limp for a couple of weeks, but it was nothing that Advil couldn't take care of.  My sedation was very pleasant, and mine was also general meaning I was fully sedated.  But I quickly awoke and within 30 minutes felt well enought to fire off a short post here to let everyone know that I was done and out of the Cath Lab.
I've had 3 ablations done (stubborn heart) and my experiences were pretty much like the others. Bounced back quickly after the first 24-48 hours.

As for pregnancy, if your ablation works out as well as it should, any future pregnancies will be easier for you, not worse. I had 3 pregnancies with some pretty nasty PSVT and atrial flutter and did fine. By the time I had my ablations, my kids were grown.