Heart Rhythm Community
ablation

A community of people experiencing Heart Rhythm concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: symptoms, management, and treatment.

ablation

Hi i wonder if anyone could give me some advice i had ablation done 6 weeks ago my heart seems to have settled but i had trouble breathing and a pain under my left breastbone i was sent to hospital by my dr where i had a scan and was told i had fluid round my heart and it might absorb but then then fluid went to my lungs i have had it drained at hospital 2 days ago the dr said there was blood in the fluid off my lungs and want to investigate but i felt fine apart from AF before the ablation im wondering if the fluid came from having the ablation done i would be grateful for any advice thank you.
Not a professional here, so take what I say accordingly.  The electrophysiology procedure and ablation is all done internal to the heart.  I cannot imagine why you would have fluid around the heart afterwards unless the heart wall was injured during the procedure.  You are the first forum member to report this.  Neither I nor the many others who are on this forum and have had the procedure done have had this problem.  There is some achiness in the heart immediately after and for perhaps a week or so, but nothing that an Advil wouldn't take care of.  I hope you recover quickly, and keep a watch on it!
Thank you so much for your reply im really worried now as i seem to be the only member that this has happened to but i was fine until i had the procedure i hope its nothing to serious i will know more when i see the specialist thank you again for taking the time to reply :)
kane3 NHL Playoffs! Comment
Apr 16
Sunshine5252 commented on Is Psychosomatic Pain...
Apr 16
SassyLassie commented on photo
Apr 16