afib
Does having afib cause shortness of breath and tightness and heavy chest. My heart beats so hard all the time. My heart doctor want's me to see a lung doctor but Ihave been through all that before and they found nothing wrong with my lungs. That has been a while ago. I cant do anything because it's so hard to brethe.
Yes, on the shortness of breath (and general fatigue) if you are in permanent AFib.  AFib will also cause a high ventricle (the beat we all feel) HR.  Permanent AFib is very easy to diagnose with an EKG, so if you heat doctor (Cardiologist?) didn't see any signs of AFib I'd guess you do not have AFib.

Another point, active AFib usually causes an IRREGULAR high HR.  A simple high HR isn't likely caused buy AFib, maybe atrial flutter, not sure.

If you have just short periods AFib, then you would have only short periods of the above symptoms.  
afib is as common as the rain falling from the sky.  It is the most experienced heart arrhythmia in the world.  Most of the time you have a light feeling of shortness of breath and a tired fatigue like feeling.  Some people have it for years and dont even realize it.
I have had afib, but i think my shortness of breath was due to the anxiety that I was having during the episodes, But I have a catheter ablation on Feb 4th of this year. I am still healing from this procedure. I have had afib for a year and half. My heart did beat hard at times, but usually after I ate. I have a cardiologist, but I also have a EP doctor. My EP doctor is at Vanderbilt Hospital in Nashville Tennessee and he is a great doctor. Maybe you should see a EP doctor that studies the electrical part of the heart which what Afib is.
Hi, i live in Nashville and have afib. I am looking for an expert EP to explore ablation. I understand that expertese varies greatly among doctors. Would you reccomend your Dr to your best friend. If so whats his name?

Thanks....Ben