ageing
arrhythmia

I understand that there is a "Pill in the pocket" solution for people who use flecainide to stop A fib, when they cannot live with the side effects of taking a clinical dose constantly.  I would like to know how much and how often to take a pill when this happens.  I have been prescribed 50MG twice a day, but after 6 days I am vomiting, short of breath, dizzy, fainting, heart feels like it has a vibration instead of a beat, etc. I was in a fib for 23 hours straight this weekend and am now at a loss as to how to stop this.  
I assume the AFib symptoms are rough, otherwise  like me you could get by with heart rate control with a beta blocker (I also take a calcium channel blocker) and coumadin to lower clot formation risks (stroke).  

If you AFib symptoms are intolerable ablation should be considered.  There are other anti-arrhythmic besides Flecainide, have you tried any of them?  What does you doctor propose?

I am in the aging bracket myself, approaching  72 and I have permanent AFib, but as said my AFib symptoms are tolerable, but you'll not see me running up an stairs or hills.  AFib does significantly reduce my heart's ability to pump blood to support aerobic activities.
Flecainide can be a very dangerous drug.  If you have any structural problems with your heart you should not take flecainide but most importantly it should be stopped in a hospital setting.  If you are 80 as you state on your home page chances are you have some structural issues.  

I have never heard of flecainide being used as a "pill in a pocket" drug.  You seriously need to have a talk with your Dr about your symptoms immediately. Please call him tomorrow!