alcohol and heart rate
What is the time lapse between consumption of two drinks and increased heart rate(in some indivuduals)?  Can it occur 5 hours later causing awakening?
People react to alcohol differently, but in my experience 5 hours after a couple of drinks I have no physical sense of having had anything to drink (alcohol).  I don't associate an increase in heart rate with having an alcoholic drink.  
Just so you know you are not alone. I to experience an increased heart rate after I drink. The onset is usually 4 to 5 hours after I have consumed a moderate amount of alcohol. I find that drinking bottles of water during and after drinking helps to maintain a lower heart rate. I think this is because when we drink it can cause dehydration (especially after high amounts of urination) which can cause an elevation in heart rate.
I also experience the same thing 5 or 6 hours after just a couple beers my heart will race , usually I will try to avoid any alcohol in the eve so that I do not wake  up at 1 or 2 am with my heart beating rapidly  ..seems a little more scary in the middle of the night  
The same thing just happened to me last night for the 1st.  Pretty spooky experience.  Had three good cocktails with chicken wings just before bed.  Woke up around 2 only to hear my heart pumping in my ears like I had just got done working out.  Thirsty too!  Took a big glass of water and a magnesium/calcium supplement with 2 baby ASA.  After about 90 min all disappeared.  At that time of night amazing scary it can get.  YES, pulse was around 100-110 as well!  
My body is very sensitive to alcohol consumption.  One beer or a glass of wine will cause my heart rate to increase considerably. Alcohol acts as a vasodilator, causing blood vessels to dilate and blood flow to increase.