alternative drugs for tachycardia?
hi guys!
the doctor was going to start me on Beta blocker yesterday but he wasnt able to do it because i have asthma and am taking beta agonist-related drugs. is there any other ways to bring down my heart rate?

Thanks!
Hi, maybe some of these tips may help you in the future.

1. One way to do this is to take a deep breath and bear down, as if you were having a bowel movement

2. Reach for the right carotid artery. Gently massaging the right carotid artery is another vagal maneuver. Be sure to have your doctor show you the right point and the right degree of pressure. You want to massage the artery where it connects in the neck, as far underneath the jaw as possible.

3. You can call on your own diving reflex by filling a basin with icy water and plunging your face into it for a second or two.

Sometimes, that will interrupt the tachycardia.

Hope this helps.

Tara :-)
HI,

I too have asthma, and have svt, pvc's, trigem...bigem...I take cardizem for the svt and it seems to help...good luck!!

Jeri