Heart Rhythm Community
anxiety, heart palpitations

Join others experiencing Heart Rhythm issues. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: symptoms, management, and treatment.

anxiety, heart palpitations

I have been taking Atenolol, 25 mg to lower blood pressure for the last year.  I also take 125mg of Levothyroid, baby aspirin, a water pill, potassium and famotidine.  Lately I have had asthma symptoms so my doctor put me on an inhaler with Qvar, 80mg.  I have been having frequent anxiety to the point of panic, tightness in chest.  My breathing seems ok since the Qvar.  Could the anxiety be caused by one of the medications?
Thanks.
Mairzy
Don't know. Maybe an interaction between the atenolol and the asthma med?  Have you had your TSH taken recently? Anxiety could come from the dose of levo being too high. You can also go to your pharmacy and ask the pharmacist about any interactions.