arrhythmia and smoking
my girlfriend has arrhythmia and she smokes about 10 cigarettes a day at least, is she in more danger than the average person because of her arrhythmia? she wont stop smoking and she wont see a doctor thats why i have to ask
If she didn't see a doctor, how do you know it is arrythmia?. Concerning smoking, having arrythmia or not it is better to stop.good luck
Exactly to the above.

As for smoking and arrhythmia, I smoked a pack plus a day for 25 years and I have Atrial Fibrillation.  Is it related?  I doubt it, but I quit smoking because I wanted to live and enjoy life, not end it early whizzing and short of breath, or from a heart attack.  Now we learn there is a risk from second-hand smoke, ask you girl friend to stop smoking to help reduce risk of early death for both of you.  

shes been to see a doctor before she smoked and was told she has arrhythmia. she always gets shortness of breath when she excersises as well, if playing football or cycling or anything she has to stop frequently to catch her breath and use an inhaler
I Believe the answer is yes smoking to certain people more than others can be a very harmful and as for me I exercise very steadily and sing and I do a lot of breath control exercises for my singing and play drums very hard and I still lightly smoke cigarette and sometimes while I am active I get a arrhythmia it lasts for 3 or 4 minutes I feel my heart is pounding so fast I could even feel my heart beat in my throat and sometimes I get a panic about it and that will make my heart even go faster but I notice that its related somehow to my stomach and gastric reaction  what I mean its more likely to occur after a heavy meal hope this was helpful.  
Arrythmia issues aside (and the nicotine does raise your heart rate), once you hear the diagnosis "lung cancer" (as I did this past spring) you can't "unhear it."   Ask her to do herself, you and those around her a favor and quit.  My cancer was caught early and my prognosis is pretty good, so I am lucky.  I speak as a former smoker (quit 44 years ago) so I know it's hard, but why tempt fate.  Sounds like she's got two good health reasons to quit.  Also, cigarettes are connected to several cancers other than lung as well as heart disease.  She needs to lose the cancer sticks!